NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Jun 28, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #1,006 of 1,275
Found a song that doesn't sound great on the Plus 5. It sounds so damn weird. It has crazy bass but it just stops. The decay is so quick, I've never heard anything like it. Going to plug my Ref 1 in to compare. I've heard this song many times, so I already know how it sounds.

Bass hits so hard, extends for a brief 2 seconds or so. Have to adjust to this song. It has weird bass, I was never crazy about it anyway, even with the Ref 1, it always sounded odd.

Rap-Bedrock Young Money

I swapped then out, sounded very similar. Disconnected the amp, and went straight to the X7 sounds a bit better. Weird way the bass is done. Sounds equally bad on both with the Headstage amp. Much better with just the X7.

Jun 28, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #1,007 of 1,275
Found a song that doesn't sound great on the Plus 5. It sounds so damn weird. It has crazy bass but it just stops. The decay is so quick, I've never heard anything like it. Going to plug my Ref 1 in to compare. I've heard this song many times, so I already know how it sounds.

Bass hits so hard, extends for a brief 2 seconds or so. Have to adjust to this song. It has weird bass, I was never crazy about it anyway, even with the Ref 1, it always sounded odd.

Rap-Bedrock Young Money

I swapped then out, sounded very similar. Disconnected the amp, and went straight to the X7 sounds a bit better. Weird way the bass is done. Sounds equally bad on both with the Headstage amp. Much better with just the X7.

Maybe there's just such a thing as too much bass? Haha

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #1,010 of 1,275
One thing, the P5 is so easy to drive. One of the easiest IEMS to drive that I own. I am really loving this. Longest my Ref 1 has gone without me listening to it. My poor precious.

On my X7, with am2, listening at 33. 61 for the Mee Electronics P1 sounds about same.

Jul 3, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #1,011 of 1,275
I just made a flight to HK and back this week on Cathay Pacific. Boeing 777 iirc. Not as quiet as the A380. Listening to the Plus5 off my LPG. Using JVC tips, size ML. What I'll say is that whilst it is marginally less effective than one of my FitEar customs (which blocks out about 98% of noise), the P5 in this configuration and combo blocks out about 95%. I can only hear some hum in between tracks.

So, I will confess to being very pleasantly surprised. :)

Jul 3, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #1,012 of 1,275
One thing, the P5 is so easy to drive. One of the easiest IEMS to drive that I own. I am really loving this. Longest my Ref 1 has gone without me listening to it. My poor precious.

On my X7, with am2, listening at 33. 61 for the Mee Electronics P1 sounds about same.

bro did u buy the MEE P1 , i read it lacks bass ?

Jul 3, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #1,013 of 1,275
I just made a flight to HK and back this week on Cathay Pacific. Boeing 777 iirc. Not as quiet as the A380. Listening to the Plus5 off my LPG. Using JVC tips, size ML. What I'll say is that whilst it is marginally less effective than one of my FitEar customs (which blocks out about 98% of noise), the P5 in this configuration and combo blocks out about 95%. I can only hear some hum in between tracks.

Pretty good ears there Kiats!

Picking up that 3% difference.

Jul 3, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #1,015 of 1,275

Kiats,you must have used your Plus5 for over 200 hours now.
Can you hear a massive change in sound,bass especially?
Any improvements out of the Tera Player?
Thanks my friend:smiley:

Jul 3, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #1,016 of 1,275
Kiats,you must have used your Plus5 for over 200 hours now.
Can you hear a massive change in sound,bass especially?
Any improvements out of the Tera Player?
Thanks my friend:smiley:

Hahah! Well, the P5 has been pretty consistent. Out of the Tera Player, I think you would be pleased. I find that it's pretty transparent and precise. But absolutely enjoyable. :)

Jul 3, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #1,017 of 1,275
Pretty good ears there Kiats!

Picking up that 3% difference.

Heheh! There's a discernible difference to my ears but very marginal. And that's saying a lot because the FitEar customs are top of the class for noise isolation because the acrylic shells are filled up with acrylic so that each shell is effectively solid. :)

Jul 3, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #1,018 of 1,275
I also find that p5 isolate pretty well. I commute via local train daily. When the music is on, I would need to take off 1 side of the iem in order to listen to the announcement of which stop I am in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back