New top Lotoo Mjolnir
Dec 21, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #601 of 662
So a few weeks have now passed with the Mjolnir, yes from the user interface👎👎 ,it is no Astell & Kern,FiiO etc etc...that is the only point of criticism that I suggest
Lotoo to improve with the future firmware updates
But the sound is simply sublime👍👍, it's also strange that almost every model I own harmonizes perfectly with the lotoo👍👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #602 of 662
I found that it makes every headphone sound its best! Glad your findings are similar.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #605 of 662
YAY! Firmware update adds Apple AirPlay as well as DLNA capability! YAY!!

It also recalibrates the Battery Remaining display, does something or other with the USB (I forget what), and fixes a few UI issues.

Oh… and it works (I tried it using Over The Air update).

Jan 13, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #606 of 662
10 days since last post here (and it was MINE??!) The Mjolnir sure does not generate much discussion… wonder why???

Anyway, I have converged upon using the Mjolnir with upsamping (XRC) ON, with EQ set to Headphones, and taking advantage of AirPlay, enabled in the software release of two weeks ago, to allow me to wirelessly provide inputs at redbook CD sampling rates from Roon, Tidal, and Qobuz.

Enjoyment is really high! I love this beast!!!!

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #607 of 662
10 days since last post here (and it was MINE??!) The Mjolnir sure does not generate much discussion… wonder why???

Anyway, I have converged upon using the Mjolnir with upsamping (XRC) ON, with EQ set to Headphones, and taking advantage of AirPlay, enabled in the software release of two weeks ago, to allow me to wirelessly provide inputs at redbook CD sampling rates from Roon, Tidal, and Qobuz.

Enjoyment is really high! I love this beast!!!!
Its eye-bulging price tag and its transportability, as opposed to portability, are probably 2 factors that push people away… it’s a fantastic player and perfect for my home listening needs :)

Jan 22, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #609 of 662
In my case, a so-called "Roon" support pushes me away 😊
"The king is naked" 😊
I like the device, but it doesn't matter how great it sounds if there is raw firmware and poor streaming service support.
I don't understand why not simply buy an AK SP3000 + Enleum HPA-23RM. This combination covers both IEMs and demanding headphones, is transportable/portable, has super polished OS and good streaming support, sounds potentially better, and costs less 😊

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #610 of 662
In my case, a so-called "Roon" support pushes me away 😊
"The king is naked" 😊
I like the device, but it doesn't matter how great it sounds if there is raw firmware and poor streaming service support.
I don't understand why not simply buy an AK SP3000 + Enleum HPA-23RM. This combination covers both IEMs and demanding headphones, is transportable/portable, has super polished OS and good streaming support, sounds potentially better, and costs less 😊
Agree with your comment despite being a fan of Mjolnir.
Not the biggest fan of AK SP3000 + Enleum HPA-23RM though. I felt SP3000 lost its character in this combo, sounding more like traditional chi-fi DAPs (despite having better control in power). Not sure about HPs, but I don't feel iems get the most out of the pairing. I'd probably go with a cheaper amp or so.

Jan 22, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #611 of 662
Agree with your comment despite being a fan of Mjolnir.
Not the biggest fan of AK SP3000 + Enleum HPA-23RM though. I felt SP3000 lost its character in this combo, sounding more like traditional chi-fi DAPs (despite having better control in power). Not sure about HPs, but I don't feel iems get the most out of the pairing. I'd probably go with a cheaper amp or so.
No-no, for IEMs and non-power-hungry headphones I meant SP3000 is more than enough 😊 For demanding headphones we can add something like Enleum HPA-23RM.
I own an SP3000 and while I agree that it is not the most realistic, I like its sound signature (super detailed and engaging).
I had no pleasure listening to HPA-23RM, but it has a lot of positive reviews.

Jan 22, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #612 of 662
go for the Cayin N30 and you will not need anything else, including for full size headphone....

D8000 N30.jpg

Jan 23, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #613 of 662
No-no, for IEMs and non-power-hungry headphones I meant SP3000 is more than enough 😊 For demanding headphones we can add something like Enleum HPA-23RM.
I own an SP3000 and while I agree that it is not the most realistic, I like its sound signature (super detailed and engaging).
I had no pleasure listening to HPA-23RM, but it has a lot of positive reviews.

I know the Enulum...it sounds very sluggish and slow, especially with the Planar models😎

NOMAX

PS.In contrast, the Lotoo sounds really powerful,precise and dynamic in the low end

Jan 23, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #614 of 662
I know the Enulum...it sounds very sluggish and slow, especially with the Planar models😎

NOMAX

PS.In contrast, the Lotoo sounds really powerful,precise and dynamic in the low end
It is sad then that such a great sound comes with such poor software support 😊

Jan 23, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #615 of 662
It is sad then that such a great sound comes with such poor software support 😊

Let's see what happens with the next firmware updates in the coming months 😎

NOMAX

PS.😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back