New top Lotoo Mjolnir
Jan 23, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #616 of 662
It is sad then that such a great sound comes with such poor software support 😊

Better this way than the other way around... Sound first, SW 2nd.

The Mjölnir is more of a racing machine than a sedan.

In my opinion, the software issue is somewhat overrated. How long do you think you'll get updates if your gear is no longer part of the current manufacturer's series? A small change in a streaming portal may then mean byebye streaming with this service.

I don't think the SW of the Mjölnir is that bad. At least it's a GUI and not a CLI! Roon can also be used via a bridge. And when the Internet is really down, I can enjoy my little Doom Device twice as much and do raw.streaming.

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #617 of 662
Better this way than the other way around... Sound first, SW 2nd.

The Mjölnir is more of a racing machine than a sedan.

In my opinion, the software issue is somewhat overrated. How long do you think you'll get updates if your gear is no longer part of the current manufacturer's series? A small change in a streaming portal may then mean byebye streaming with this service.

I don't think the SW of the Mjölnir is that bad. At least it's a GUI and not a CLI! Roon can also be used via a bridge. And when the Internet is really down, I can enjoy my little Doom Device twice as much and do raw.streaming.
It is better if both are good, but, for sure, sound is the most important thing 😊
I do not care much about streaming services, only about Roon (+ Roon can be integrated with Qobuz and Tidal).
Yes, it can be used via the bridge, but I do not see that much point in this because hardware-wise Mjölnir is fully capable of being Roon endpoint without any additional complexity/devices/cost. I have a Roon Bridge based on Raspberry Pi W2 + RoPieee, which I use with my Shanling H7, but definitely, the user experience is quite far from native Roon endpoint solutions.

Jan 23, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #618 of 662
When one says “software support,” what is meant?

For me, it is simply becoming Roon compatible (likely to come, as it is on their menu) and (idealistically) the ability to retrieve by genre.

Jan 24, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #619 of 662
When one says “software support,” what is meant?

For me, it is simply becoming Roon compatible (likely to come, as it is on their menu) and (idealistically) the ability to retrieve by genre.
It would be great at least to have a native Roon endpoint implementation in Mjölnir 😊

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #620 of 662
There are a few big no-goes in terms of the user interface and where improvements are ❗️absolutely necessary❗️ (I'm not even talking about streaming)
(Just a small example...if you have a playlist, no photos/graphics are visible,You also can't pair various remote controls with it,why is it possible with the PAW GOLD TOUCH TITANIUM?
or....,or ....etc etc)
❗️Many many thing are here to do ❗

I am in contact with Pauline from Lotoo in this regard..Let's see what I can achieve 😎

NOMAX

PS.But in terms of soundperfomance💪, the Lotoo is superior to all other all in one solutions 👍

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #621 of 662
I have now discussed a few things with Pauline.......
(I want to assure you that your suggestion is valuable to us. We've noted your feedback, and our team will consider incorporating it into our future software optimizations)

NOMAX

PS.Lets see what the future brings 👍.....I am in good spirits in this regard😎

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #622 of 662
Well, it’s been four weeks since the last post on this thread!

does anyone have any insight on when the capability to serve as a Roon endpoint will be released?

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #623 of 662
Until now I had a SanDisk V30 Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I 1 TB in the Mjölnir (and also in the PAW Gold Touch Titan). Everything was fine. Now I have treated myself to two SanDisk V60 Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-II 1 TB. The player doesn't recognize anything. It's the same formatting, the same music. According to the specifications it can do UHS-II. Where is the mistake? Thanks!

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #624 of 662
Until now I had a SanDisk V30 Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I 1 TB in the Mjölnir (and also in the PAW Gold Touch Titan). Everything was fine. Now I have treated myself to two SanDisk V60 Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-II 1 TB. The player doesn't recognize anything. It's the same formatting, the same music. According to the specifications it can do UHS-II. Where is the mistake? Thanks!
Can you format the new cards inside the player and then copy your music and see if it works.

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #627 of 662
Because someone asked me if the Lotoo can drive the Expanse
Yes easily💪....and there is still enough headroom upwards available👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #628 of 662
Hi, just received my Mjolnir. I love the sound — but is anyone having any consistent results using USB audio in? I cannot get my iPhone or dap to work with it and my MacBook only works randomly. I’ll activate USB audio mode on the screen and nothing else happens.

IMG_9319.jpeg

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #629 of 662
Hi, just received my Mjolnir. I love the sound — but is anyone having any consistent results using USB audio in? I cannot get my iPhone or dap to work with it and my MacBook only works randomly. I’ll activate USB audio mode on the screen and nothing else happens.

That is for USB OUT what is on the Display 😉

NOMAX

PS.i was trying the CMA Portable with the Lotoo few days ago 😎

IMG_9943.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back