New top Lotoo Mjolnir
Aug 24, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #361 of 685
The UK's official distributor said they can replace the batteries inside the music player if needed. There are 6 X 21700 type batteries but I don't think as individual but as a battery pack. I wonder why only 9000 Mah total when a single battery can have up to 5000 Mah each, such as Samsung 50E.
honestly looking at it now i see N30LE has 12,578mAh batteries. I agree device this size with supposedly 2,5w per channel could’ve done more. There were some impressions that it could last whole day but perhaps not really the case? Also there’s the reversion to single DAC implementation which kind of raised some doubts.
Today, i was listening to music doing stuff walking around the house with sp3k in my pocket and realized it would be much more difficult with Mjolnir hanging on my shoulder.
All these little things are slowly adding up kind of cools my desire towards this beautiful new device. At least with stacking dap+amp there’s a choice to dismantle and use singularly. Just thinking out loud…

Aug 24, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #362 of 685
I have already begun becoming accustomed to the music-player-hanging-on-a-shoulder-strap arrangement, as I often use my Chord Hugo 2 with 2Go streamer in that manner. For me it is just fine and less intrusive that all but the smallest player in my pocket (only the LoTOO PAW 5000 is more comfortable in my pocket — the PAW Gold is less comfortable.)

Aug 24, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #363 of 685
honestly looking at it now i see N30LE has 12,578mAh batteries. I agree device this size with supposedly 2,5w per channel could’ve done more. There were some impressions that it could last whole day but perhaps not really the case? Also there’s the reversion to single DAC implementation which kind of raised some doubts.
Today, i was listening to music doing stuff walking around the house with sp3k in my pocket and realized it would be much more difficult with Mjolnir hanging on my shoulder.
All these little things are slowly adding up kind of cools my desire towards this beautiful new device. At least with stacking dap+amp there’s a choice to dismantle and use singularly. Just thinking out loud…
Battery life is : 8-15 hours depending on your listening volume, gain and headphones used.
I still believe there can be 30000 Mah inside the player. For reference I use 40000 Mah quality rechargeable batteries inside a internet radio.
The longer the playback time the better for me.

Aug 24, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #364 of 685
Agree, I really wonder where are the 2.5 Kg of the Lotoo ?

The N30LE which is almost 5 times lighter than Mjolnir provide only 2 times less WATTS ( 1.2 w / 16 ohms in "Hyper mode ") and has a battery also half the capacity of the Mjolnir's Battery.... and has 2 DAC Chips :wink:

Aug 24, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #365 of 685
Agree, I really wonder where are the 2.5 Kg of the Lotoo ?

The N30LE which is almost 5 times lighter than Mjolnir provide only 2 times less WATTS ( 1.2 w / 16 ohms in "Hyper mode ") and has a battery also half the capacity of the Mjolnir's Battery.... and has 2 DAC Chips :wink:

i wonder as well where did all the real estate as well as kgs go ? perhaps many diverse LOs on the back ?

n30le for me is too many things in one which is in and of itself a red flag as it cannot excel in any of these aspects trying to be everything together. i may be wrong… but this is how i think.
i read the interview on the development of Mjolnir and it really impressed me to the point of conviction (well almost). but when i start questioning things again on here i become doubtful. i wish there are better presentations of new products and official answers to valid questions.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #367 of 685
I'm a bit confused regarding the stream and Roon compatibility. Is there any official statement on the matter? Sorry, if it's already discussed : /
Official presentation was saying :
It also supports Wi-Fi streaming for Roon (currently in the certification phase),

Aug 25, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #368 of 685
I see quite few pictures of the Mjölnir besides the Spirit Torino Valkyria ! Is this headphone really good or rather a real joke, an “ over priced imposture “?

For me, since I am going to get a Mjölnir, I still wonder which TOL headphone will offer the best synergy with it…. ( Camerton, HE1000, ZMF planar…… )

Like all of us I am looking for the “magical match” :wink:

Aug 25, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #369 of 685
The best synergy it will be the one closest to your sound preferences. Planar, dynamic etc.
I prefer dynamic headphones so the Utopia 2022 is already a great match in my opinion.
However I would love to try it with more headphones such as Yamaha high end, Audio Technica, Empyrean and few others. I can't stand anything above 550 gr or so no matter how nice they sound.

Aug 25, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #370 of 685
The best synergy it will be the one closest to your sound preferences. Planar, dynamic etc.
I prefer dynamic headphones so the Utopia 2022 is already a great match in my opinion.
However I would love to try it with more headphones such as Yamaha high end, Audio Technica, Empyrean and few others. I can't stand anything above 550 gr or so no matter how nice they sound.
I agree Utopia 2022 is a nice option. I did not like the original utopia but I recently tried the 2022 version and I liked it. Plus, it is easy to drive

Aug 25, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #371 of 685
i am mostly an iem user. but if i get the mjolnir might want to try HFs one day with it. i prefer reference tuning. what would be my options in terms of reference sound using with mjolnir (in the totl level) in your opinion ?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #372 of 685
i am mosy an iem user. but if i get the mjolnir might want to try HFs one day with it. i prefer reference tuning. what would be my options in terms of reference sound using with mjolnir (in the totl level) in your opinion ?
I imagine if it's anything like Lotoo's other DAPs, then it'll pair nicely with most things given the presentation tends to be rather natural and neutral, allowing the headphone/IEM to present itself without much colouration.

Here is a nice photo of a listener with HD800S; it doesn't get more reference tuned than that.

ezgif-4-00e1c6a88e.jpg

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #373 of 685
i am mosy an iem user. but if i get the mjolnir might want to try HFs one day with it. i prefer reference tuning. what would be my options in terms of reference sound using with mjolnir (in the totl level) in your opinion ?
As I prefer mostly dynamic drivers I will suggest Utopia 2022. But if you like planars Empyrean Elite could be a nice pairing. Again I have tried the player only with LCD 5 and Utopia 2022 and I prefer the latter.
Still I would like to try it with Yamaha YH-5000SE and Audio Technica ATH- ADX5000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back