New top Lotoo Mjolnir
Aug 22, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #346 of 685
Which poster?

The other poster with the unkind suggestion an exhibitor did not do everything possible, in a public way. At least ask an open question first and invite an explanation. Simply assuming negativity might be nothing more than showing passion but really comes off as impolite.

Aug 22, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #347 of 685
The other poster with the unkind suggestion an exhibitor did not do everything possible, in a public way. At least ask an open question first and invite an explanation. Simply assuming negativity might be nothing more than showing passion but really comes off as impolite.
I cannot speak for him or anyone else. But no doubt Hifonix would have preferred to exhibit the retail unit. It wasn't to be. Let's move on to waiting for impressions from users now.

Aug 23, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #352 of 685
would you say 320max is more neutral or more reference ?
320max in reviews I've read is not considered analytical or neutral by tuning (i.e. does not have boosted treble or a certain digital hue). However, tuning is subjective and exists in any DAC+Amp combo, it's just a matter of preference. Reference, on the other hand, is to more with clarity, dynamic range, accurate/realistic imaging/instrument arrangement and things like SNR or THD+N. 320max is definitely reference by these metrics.

Oh, and by the way, one reviewer (or rather, I think it was a commenter instead) said that they liked it with Storm.

Aug 23, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #354 of 685
I'd say we really haven't heard a proper account of what Mjolnir can do. The whole kerfuffle with London CanJam clouded the issue, for that device was not the end device. I'm curious about the Mjolnir too, although I am, have to say, disappointed about them implementing only a single DAC (with all that real estate available). However, short of a proper review (by somebody unbiased, may I add), I don't think we can draw any conclusions about Mjolnir's performance just yet.

Aug 23, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #356 of 685
I won't stress too much about Lotoo using just a single DAC chip inside Mjolnir. They have proven in the past that audio magic can be done even with a single chip.
Right enough, as the implementation is equally important. Still, Sony's DMP-Z1, the only other transportable device comparable to what the Mjolnir aspires to be, had a Dual Dac configuration, which for balanced out is quite potent, so I was hoping that the Mjolnir, with all that real estate also available might have taken advantage too. In any case, I won't dwell on how many DACs a device has. We need to have proper listening impressions to make our minds up, so let's wait.

Aug 24, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #357 of 685
The UK's official distributor said they can replace the batteries inside the music player if needed. There are 6 X 21700 type batteries but I don't think as individual but as a battery pack. I wonder why only 9000 Mah total when a single battery can have up to 5000 Mah each, such as Samsung 50E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back