New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Jun 18, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #8,327 of 9,406
Or maybe, this issue is only with DSF files? I rip my SACDs and then convert the ISOs into DSF, I tag the files then transfer them to the SP1000 via stock USB C cable.

Maybe it's something to do with how I transferred the files to the SP1000, can anyone else check if their DSF files are missing 1 sec in playback?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #8,328 of 9,406
I did the conversion as well from DSF's, DFF's and I think from ISO's as well (it's been years) with no issue. If the first note was truncated, I would have noticed.

I stopped using DSD's because they were mostly engineering conversions from non-DSD masters, and also found that I didn't like the smoothness of their sound. I prefer the excitement of 16/44 and 24/x more. :)

Jun 19, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #8,329 of 9,406
Here's a question, have any of you ever noticed that DSD files on the SP1000 are missing 1 second from the beginning of each track? On my computer the files are 1 second longer, whenever I play them on the SP1000, the beginning of each track sounds as it is cut short missing 1 second.

Anyone ever notice this or it may be an issue with me playing music on my micro SD card or?

I have the same issue as you for my AK SP1000M as well.

Jun 24, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #8,330 of 9,406
Sold. If anyone is interested, I have a PlusSound Exo Copper 2.5 2-pin cable up for sale. Great cable, but once I got the PWAudio 1960 it became superfluous. Used 5 hours. A bit warmer than an Ares ll, mids about the same, just a hair off the top.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #8,332 of 9,406
No. Do a reset. And reindex your music. You might have some corrupted music files. Try to narrow down what is playing when it crashes, unless it does it during everything. After that, pm Jason for help.

Jul 2, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #8,333 of 9,406
Mini desktop set up with SP1K, Hugo2, KSE1500.

20200702_140736.jpg

Jul 4, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #8,336 of 9,406
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooo I finally got my SP1000 and it's amazing!!!

Jul 4, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #8,337 of 9,406
Any recommendations for accessory for the sp1000? Should I get the amp? I want to try and use it for FInal Audio D8000 Pro or Abyss Diana Phi will this work with the amp?

Jul 4, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #8,338 of 9,406
Any recommendations for accessory for the sp1000? Should I get the amp? I want to try and use it for FInal Audio D8000 Pro or Abyss Diana Phi will this work with the amp?

You could go ahead and purchase a dignis case for it which is quite nice as it protects the right side of the player unlike the stock case and is a slightly thicker leather. The dignis case also comes with a clear sticky protector film that can protect the top panel of the player where the standard and balanced output sockets are located.

The SP1000 can drive IEMs with no problems as it was designed to use with IEMs, it can drive headphones too but if you plan to use high impedance headphones, then you will probably need the amp for the SP1000 but I will say that it gets pretty heavy with the amp attached.

Also, congrats on purchasing a SP1000, it's a fine player.

So to save you time and trouble,
If you are using a micro SD card and you notice that media scanning on every startup takes too long, then wait for the player to finish its startup media scan and then then do a manual media scan by going to settings in factory reset option panel. After you do your manual media scan, the player should finish a startup media scan much quicker at maybe 10-13 seconds.

Also really important that you format the micro SD card to FAT32, easiest way to do that is to format the micro SD on the player itself and it should format to FAT32 which will insure a smooth compatibility on playback with music on the card.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #8,339 of 9,406
Give it at least 50 hours to burn in. It will keep improving after that, but the first 50 really help. Just let it run overnight with iems plugged in 3-4 times and it's ready.

I agree re the case. It's worth it.

As to the card, I've never formatted my cards and they work fine with no stutter or slowness. If you have an empty card now, of course format it. But if you are using a card from another player that is already full of music, I'd just see how it works before stripping it and then having to refill it.

Be aware playlists can be messed up if you take the card out after you create a playlist.

Oh, and running it in balanced gives much more power and soundstage. It's worth it to get a balanced cable if you don't have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back