New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Dec 7, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #2,401 of 9,409
I use a payware called Yate. Very robust. For a Mac, you can use freeware called XLD. Not so robust but workable. There are other, Google for Mac Tagging Editors.

Edit- For DSD you have to convert to DSF to tag.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #2,403 of 9,409
To search for duplicate songs, I just load the entire micro sd card to foobar, then delete them manually.

Dec 7, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #2,404 of 9,409
I was talking to a shopkeeper yesterday, he mention that the material of the case on the SP1000 will affect the sound quality. He suggested that the Dignis case sounded the worse, he recommended me go back and use the stock case or take off the case when playing.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #2,408 of 9,409
The Blue Dignis case I am using is not made of leather. I have bought the case quite a while ago and the shopkeeper is not trying to sell me anything or persuade me to buy another case. He was just sharing his experience. You may as well want to try leather case vs without case SQ difference. I tried comparing stock leather case vs no case. Not sure if it was placebo or not. It might be related to Material difference or temperature difference as the SP1000 is warm when playing high res / dsd.

Just like warming up my gungnir multibit / mj 2 stack for better sq?

Dec 7, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #2,409 of 9,409
So if I put a "naked" SP1000 on a table it will sound different than if it is is my pocket or in my hand? Sorry, not buying this at all. Then you get into the whole warm weather vs. cool weather or low-humidity vs. high humidity affecting a sealed player with IEMs.. How about what kind of shoes you are wearing, or how long your hair is or if you have a beard? Do we all have to go out and buy the same shoes so we can discuss sound quality with similar parameters? Or all grow beards (my apologies to any female Head-Fi'ers)? Maybe someone should start a new thread about this. :)

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #2,410 of 9,409
So if I put a "naked" SP1000 on a table it will sound different than if it is is my pocket or in my hand? Sorry, not buying this at all. Then you get into the whole warm weather vs. cool weather or low-humidity vs. high humidity affecting a sealed player with IEMs.. How about what kind of shoes you are wearing, or how long your hair is or if you have a beard? Do we all have to go out and buy the same shoes so we can discuss sound quality with similar parameters? Or all grow beards (my apologies to any female Head-Fi'ers)? Maybe someone should start a new thread about this. :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

+1

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #2,411 of 9,409
I was talking to a shopkeeper yesterday, he mention that the material of the case on the SP1000 will affect the sound quality. He suggested that the Dignis case sounded the worse, he recommended me go back and use the stock case or take off the case when playing.

The sound quality is also improved by leaving the screen turned off compared to turning it on and navigating the UI. :wink:

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #2,412 of 9,409
I think the sq is improved by NOT plugging in earphones or IEMs. This keeps the sound of the device more "pure." Of course, then we enter into the whole "if a tree falls in the woods" paradigm.

Dec 9, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #2,413 of 9,409
The sound quality is also improved by leaving the screen turned off compared to turning it on and navigating the UI. :wink:
If you are not joking, that was not good ground. Slide a figure on a touch screen will make electric interactive and affect to sq.

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #2,414 of 9,409
If you are not joking, that was not good ground. Slide a figure on a touch screen will make electric interactive and affect to sq.

I think only if they are unusually strong:

- in normal cases, the impedances (e.g. capacitances for the capacitive touchscreen type) measured by the touch sensor matrix are very small, I don't believe this would have an effect on the audio signal,

- but, indeed, if you have been walking on a carpet floor, your body could be charged and it can happen that the contact of your finger onto the touchscreen will cause an ESD (electrostatic discharge) , the ESD will be led away to the chassis ground and could have an effect on the audio signal.

I believe though the most common effect is that when you are busy interacting with the screen, you are less focused on the music and then perceive it differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back