New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Dec 7, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #2,386 of 9,409
Is there some way to clean up my SP1000 library? Specifically, my files on my device storage and SD card. I'm looking for something that can easily compile all of my files into folders by artist, album etc.

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #2,387 of 9,409
Is there some way to clean up my SP1000 library? Specifically, my files on my device storage and SD card. I'm looking for something that can easily compile all of my files into folders by artist, album etc.

if you music files all have the proper tag than using the menu from teh sp1000 you will be able to access the song by album, artist.
but I doubt there is an app on your Mac that can do that (except for iTunes, but it doesn't help if you are using Flac or did files)

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #2,388 of 9,409
if you music files all have the proper tag than using the menu from teh sp1000 you will be able to access the song by album, artist.
but I doubt there is an app on your Mac that can do that (except for iTunes, but it doesn't help if you are using Flac or did files)

Thank you! Is there a better app to use than the Android file transfer app? I can't seem to figure out how to move folders to the root folder.

Dec 7, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,390 of 9,409
here is a screenshot

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 11.48.47 AM.png

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #2,392 of 9,409

Thank you. How about something that can scan for duplicates and delete them?

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #2,393 of 9,409
The best way to organize your files is to.... organize them. Some folks use folders that are in alpha (a-d, etc.) others use folder names (The Beatles, Miles Davis, etc.), some use genre. Mine are organized by band name folders and then within them are the individual albums (The Beatles>Sgt. Pepper, etc.). Individual albums by artists that have only one album or song are in individual folders with their name. Since you can look up music using folder view, (albeit only on either internal or microcard, not both at same time) you can search that way. Or once your tagging makes sense you can search by Artist or Album as well as by Folder. If you just dump song files into the Music folder willy nilly, good luck.

As to Commander One, it works very well. The biggest user error is to pull from your desktop, not from its desktop pane, into SP1000. It doesn't always like that. Just stay within the app and it's happy. Sometimes when you grab a file to pull over it grabs several and won't let go. Go up to the pull downs, choose Network or another choice, and then go back to Desktop mode. Now it works again. I moved my entire Music folder over using it with no issues (no way can AFT do that).

Duplicates? Good luck, that's for you to winnow out. :)

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #2,394 of 9,409
The best way to organize your files is to.... organize them. Some folks use folders that are in alpha (a-d, etc.) others use folder names (The Beatles, Miles Davis, etc.), some use genre. Mine are organized by band name folders and then within them are the individual albums (The Beatles>Sgt. Pepper, etc.). Individual albums by artists that have only one album or song are in individual folders with their name. Since you can look up music using folder view, (albeit only on either internal or microcard, not both at same time) you can search that way. Or once your tagging makes sense you can search by Artist or Album as well as by Folder. If you just dump song files into the Music folder willy nilly, good luck.

As to Commander One, it works very well. The biggest user error is to pull from your desktop, not from its desktop pane, into SP1000. It doesn't always like that. Just stay within the app and it's happy. Sometimes when you grab a file to pull over it grabs several and won't let go. Go up to the pull downs, choose Network or another choice, and then go back to Desktop mode. Now it works again. I moved my entire Music folder over using it with no issues (no way can AFT do that).

Duplicates? Good luck, that's for you to winnow out. :)

:) thanks as always man. The thing is, sometimes when I legally purchase flac albums and unzip them, they are in a folder with the album title. I was hoping to find an app that would organize my library into artist folders, etc. Seems like I’m going to have to one day sit down and organize the files manually.

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #2,395 of 9,409
:) thanks as always man. The thing is, sometimes when I legally purchase flac albums and unzip them, they are in a folder with the album title. I was hoping to find an app that would organize my library into artist folders, etc. Seems like I’m going to have to one day sit down and organize the files manually.

Yes,
I would spend some time and clean up your library. it will take some time but after that it will be much faster to access the files you need and transfer them to your dap.

An app that find and cancel duplicate is always tricky to use, and teh result is never 100% accurate, plus if you cancel a file you need it's a big pain in the back to recover it.

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #2,396 of 9,409
The folder name has no bearing on how the SP1000 sorts. That is just to help you recognize what the folder is. It's the tagging on the music files themselves that is read by the SP1000. So if your album is properly tagged with Artist and Album name, both will show up. You can put any albums you want in a folder and name the folder Far-De-Rol and the device will correctly identify those albums. When you are looking through Folder view or using AFT or Commander One, THEN you will see Fal-De-Rol.

If you are concerned about being able to identify folders, just create a folder, name it, and then place all artists you want in that folder. Or you can, as you say, manually change a folder's name from Revolver to The Beatles Revolver. But again, that has nothing to do with the device sorting or searching.

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #2,398 of 9,409
Dec 7, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #2,400 of 9,409
Just an fyi, Tag editor is a nice and easy app but doesn't work with dsd/dff files
Oh, I see. I didn't know about that. Than you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back