New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Sep 11, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #7,096 of 9,409
Hi,

I'm a new SP1000m owner running the latest firmware and just found that there are a lot of problems for the player to display correctly french or spanish words with accent like "tête" (which becomes "tÃÂate", and the "a" is even in superscript) or "después" (which becomes "despés") that are in ID3 tags.

What's even more strange is that the display can be correct for some songs and not for others.
Example : I have an album with "tête" in the title and the album name is displaying correctly but not the song where there is "tête" in the name ...
I've tried retagging the album with Tagr under Mac without success.
"Después" has a problem displaying in one album but in another album a song with the word "seré" is displaying correctly.

I remember having read something on the same topic on this forum but I though it was solved.

Any idea, comment or should I reach out to Jason ?

Thanks

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #7,097 of 9,409
Can you play with the encodings in Tagr? Maybe that is the problem? Have a look and the encodings somewhere in the Tagr settings. Maybe use UTF8 if possible?

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #7,098 of 9,409
Thanks zuber.
No problem playing the file in different players.
There is no encoding settings in Tagr.
I use only Tagr to correct some tags, most of the songs I buy from Qobuz and are already tagged.
I don't remember having this problem with the AK380.

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #7,099 of 9,409
Not solved. I correct it by removing punctuation (if it is there). But I only have 5-6 titles that have this issue. I found no way to fix it using Yate, which is a pretty robust tagging app.

If it really bothers you, remove any punctuation in the problem word.

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #7,100 of 9,409
Has someone used & tested the SP1000 with the ZMF Verite ? I plan to purchase the new Closed version of the Verite to use with my SP1000 (and at home my EC445).

thanks

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #7,101 of 9,409
Hello there.
Where I can learn to how I convert the 10 Vrms output in high gain from the sp1000 amp to mW to compare with the output power of, for example, Hugo 2 (Power output @ 1kHz 1% THD: 94mW 300Ω 740mW 33Ω 1050mW 8Ω). Want to understand which one have more power and in what circunstances.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #7,102 of 9,409
Mw=Vrms x Vrms/R Where R is the resistance of your phone or impedance of your phone.

Let say your phone has 100 Ohm impedance, then

10 x 10 / 100 = 1 Watt or 1000 Mw

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #7,103 of 9,409
Mw=Vrms x Vrms/R Where R is the resistance of your phone or impedance of your phone.

There's math????

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #7,104 of 9,409

So comparing the sp1000 amp with hugo 2. The Power output in 300Ω is 94mW in Hugo 2 and 333mW in SP1000 amp? Thats a lot of power right?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #7,105 of 9,409
Yep

Sep 14, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #7,106 of 9,409
@JasonNYC hi i have sp1000m and tidal when i play master quality using tidal ( i have the master account subscription) it keeps stuttering or cutting off, when i change the streaming quality to hifi then no cut offs or drops.
on my pc when i play master quality albums no drops or cut offs

i tried changing dns to cloudfare still same issue

i am bit annoyed by this, and would like to know if there is a solution to this

edit: solved it was an issue with my internet provider

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #7,107 of 9,409
Hi,

I'm a new SP1000m owner running the latest firmware and just found that there are a lot of problems for the player to display correctly french or spanish words with accent like "tête" (which becomes "tÃÂate", and the "a" is even in superscript) or "después" (which becomes "despés") that are in ID3 tags.

What's even more strange is that the display can be correct for some songs and not for others.
Example : I have an album with "tête" in the title and the album name is displaying correctly but not the song where there is "tête" in the name ...
I've tried retagging the album with Tagr under Mac without success.
"Después" has a problem displaying in one album but in another album a song with the word "seré" is displaying correctly.

I remember having read something on the same topic on this forum but I though it was solved.

Any idea, comment or should I reach out to Jason ?

Thanks

I have another problem with 2 albums : all songs appear duplicate on the SP1000m even if there is only one file for this song.
Deleted both album on the SP1000m, redownloaded them on Qobuz, verified the tags with Tagr, uploaded again on the AK but still the same problem.

Any clue why this is happening?

Thanks

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #7,108 of 9,409
@JasonNYC hi i have sp1000m and tidal when i play master quality using tidal ( i have the master account subscription) it keeps stuttering or cutting off, when i change the streaming quality to hifi then no cut offs or drops.
on my pc when i play master quality albums no drops or cut offs

i tried changing dns to cloudfare still same issue

i am bit annoyed by this, and would like to know if there is a solution to this

After 2 yrs with Tidal, I will be canceling and going to Qobuz. I heard noticeable SQ difference on the first song; any songs just sound more holographic whether it is 16bits or 24 bits. However I will get the free Spotify to do other tasks like searching for new tracks/albums as Qobuz is weak in those areas.

Try the 1 month trial for Qobuz!

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #7,109 of 9,409
After 2 yrs with Tidal, I will be canceling and going to Qobuz. I heard noticeable SQ difference on the first song; any songs just sound more holographic whether it is 16bits or 24 bits. However I will get the free Spotify to do other tasks like searching for new tracks/albums as Qobuz is weak in those areas.

Try the 1 month trial for Qobuz!

How about this(these) track from two streaming services ?
One of them have approached clipping level while the other one fine.
20190915_142536.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #7,110 of 9,409
How about this(these) track from two streaming services ?
One of them have approached clipping level while the other one fine.

That particular release in Tidal sounds more tolerable than Qobuz's as Tidal seems to "dullify" the song and Qobuz exposes the bad recording_ in my opinion. But yeah, you are right, I hear "clipping" or something awful. Yikes.

For the other release that sounds fine, which one do you prefer_ Qobuz or Tidal?

Also, in your experience do you find this Qobuz issue prevalent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back