New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Feb 6, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #2,701 of 9,409
I have a little issue with downloading music from a DLNA source.
In Ak connect \ DLNA Folder, I've downloaded a Flac to the Music\download folder but it can't be found and the folder remains empty.
When i retry the download it says the file already exits and will be overwritten.
When i look at the total of files in the SP1000 no increment have been made before and after the file transfer.
Any help on this issue will be appreciated.

regards

Yes, I am also facing the same issue . I thought it was the problem with my set and I did a wipe, same issue .

I had confirmed with some of my other friends and they are also having the same issue .so I am waiting for maybe the next firmware update to address this .

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #2,702 of 9,409
I'm now at 80+ hours of burn in, and the sound continues to improve, especially the mids. I have my AK120II to compare it to as a control, so I know that the burn in improvements I'm hearing are real, and not imagined.

At this stage I feel like the AK120II still has a hint more thickness in the lower mids, but only a hint--while prior to burn-in, the SP1000 was noticeably quite a bit thinner. The SP1000 sound signature seems very similar overall to the AK120II but with more of everything... more air, more soundstage, more separation, more impactful bass, more clarity especially in the trebles. But to my ears, the basic sound signature is quite similar, you can certainly tell they're from the same manufacturer.

AK should burn these in at the factory, or have a disclaimer on the sticker that goes on the screen saying "this device requires x hours of burn-in for optimal sound". I wonder how many people have heard an out-of-the-box SP1000 and found the sound to be lacking, simply because it wasn't burned in.

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #2,703 of 9,409
Go over to the WM1Z Sony thread and see how many hours THEY recommend. As for burn-in at the factory, if they did that you'd be buying a used device. BTW, after 50+ hours mine settled down and has been relatively the same since.

Not all companies believe in burn-m. UE told me my CIEM was fine out of the box ( I still burned it in).

As for AK sound, I find, having had three of them, that it does seem to favor a rather neutral sound sig. that's why I keep buying them.

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #2,704 of 9,409
Go over to the WM1Z Sony thread and see how many hours THEY recommend. As for burn-in at the factory, if they did that you'd be buying a used device. BTW, after 50+ hours mine settled down and has been relatively the same since.

Not all companies believe in burn-m. UE told me my CIEM was fine out of the box ( I still burned it in).

As for AK sound, I find, having had three of them, that it does seem to favor a rather neutral sound sig. that's why I keep buying them.

For the WM1Z you should burn n for at least 200 hours, but there are some small changes up to 500 hours.

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #2,705 of 9,409
Wow, good to know.
It never seizes to amaze me how some people don't believe in burn-in. Or cables. Or ferrites. Or brain burn in.
When they say they don't hear it, do they really mean they hear no difference? or yes they do, but not enough to consider significant? Haha, we will never know.

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #2,707 of 9,409
Feb 6, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #2,709 of 9,409
I find the problem with brain burn-in is that, initially, when you upgrade your setup, for the first few days you're thinking "OMG THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!". But then after a few days or weeks, you get used to it and it just sounds "normal". It just that everything else then sounds unbelievably terrible in comparison!

Feb 6, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #2,711 of 9,409
It's in super tiny print on the bottom side (the side with the connector), on the top right

Feb 6, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #2,713 of 9,409
I find it a lot easier to use my phone to take a picture and zoom in to read the serial#.

Feb 7, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #2,715 of 9,409
Wow, good to know.
It never seizes to amaze me how some people don't believe in burn-in. Or cables. Or ferrites. Or brain burn in.
When they say they don't hear it, do they really mean they hear no difference? or yes they do, but not enough to consider significant? Haha, we will never know.

After years of experience I learned that burn in is all processed in the mind.

One example, New X player sounded ok not amazing, started to sound better much better over time. Got a same second X player, now this one should sound off compared to the used one because it’s had no hardware run in time at all but nope they both sound the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back