New to headphones.
May 8, 2011 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

folkloricjungle

New Head-Fier
Hi all! I'm new to headphones, as well as the forum.

I recently decided to invest in a pair of headphones. I really don't need professional grade headphones for $400. I just want a pair of good looking headphones with decent sound quality. I normally listen to music from mainstream artists like Jason Derulo, Eminem, Lupe Fiasco, etc. I really like Bass too:D

I am looking at the Skullcandy Skullcrushers on sale for $33 on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-SCS-SCBP3-5-Skullcrushers-Subwoofer-Headphones/dp/B000OYFOVM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304821280&sr=8-2).

I am also looking at the Sullcandy Agent Carbons (http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/agent-carbon.html).

Other than Skullcandy, I'm relatively unfamiliar with other brands. Sennheiser seems expensive :p

Oh, my price range is around up to $60.00. Fairly flexible budget though.

Conclusion (I know I'm not good at organizing thoughts into a thread, sorry):

My biggest focus is bang for my buck and look. Sound quality should be fairly good, though i don't need amazing.

*EDIT*
Oh, I forgot. Comfort is a biggie too:D

Thanks!

May 8, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 7
If your interest is looks first, sq second, you probably ought to head over to some kind of fashion forum. 

You won't get the answers you want here, as (1) our aesthetic tastes tend to differ from the overly-bulky, brightly-colored plastic that is so popular with kids these days, and (2) this is a forum dedicated primarily to sound quality :p 

May 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
If your interest is looks first, sq second, you probably ought to head over to some kind of fashion forum. 

You won't get the answers you want here, as (1) our aesthetic tastes tend to differ from the overly-bulky, brightly-colored plastic that is so popular with kids these days, and (2) this is a forum dedicated primarily to sound quality :p 

Oh my apologies, that's not what I meant. Now that I read my own post, I can see how you thought that's what I meant. My fault.

What I meant was, as i looked through other posts on different websites, people asking for good headphones often got responses like "Oh go with so and so. It's $200 but the sound is amazing!"

What I meant was sound quality is important...but I'd rather have an average pair of headphones for $30 than amazingly good headphones that are $70.

May 8, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 7
try the pioneer se m390. they are around $60 and sound amazing for that price.

also i find they look pretty good.

May 8, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Okay thanks! I will check them out!

no problem, they are pretty durable to, mine are over 1 year old and i treat them really badly.
they are my knock around cans atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back