(New to Head-Fi) Grado Uk purchase discussion
Jan 4, 2011 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jimbob747

100+ Head-Fier

Hey everyone,

I'm sure these all have been covered but i'm new to all this so any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated.

First off, I don't know if anyone could offer/suggest a hand with the 2nd hand purchase of some Grado headphones (somewhere around the £300 mark) Modded 325i's or RS2's or something like that? I've looked and everything that has been appealing has been either sold left unchecked (which i realise can't be helped) or will not ship to the UK. I have tested a number of headphones and originally settled on the 225i but found that I had a slightly extended budget after Christmas and thought I might see if I could find something of a better quality... It would also be interesting to hear any info/comparisons on the MS-2's (although i'm sure i'll be able to find threads on that).

Another quick question is how to add items that do not appear when making your 'item list'? I have tried to add (by clicking the green plus) to include my own set up when it comes to DAC, CDP and Amp...

Thanks in advance, Jim 

Jan 4, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 3
The classified section on these forums is quite a busy place & once you reach the required post count/membership length you'll be allowed in & have access to all sorts of stuff that you can't afford & don't need (but will buy any way).

Grados are sooo much cheaper in America & if you can find someone willing to ship them over here you'll be able to save a LOT of money. My suggestion would be to read up a but on here to clarify your decision & make a few posts then buy from the classifieds.

Welcome to Head-Fi BTW Jim & sorry about your wallet!

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply and advice, fortunatly my budget will soon be amended/extended as like I said i've ended up spending ridiculous amounts over the christmas period and was left with just enough to buy some new headphones quickly, as i've left my SE530's and Audio Technica ATH-W1000X's round a friends who wanted to try them out. Unfortunately my headphone problem has not been amended as i didn't really find what I wanted within reasonable time because i'll hopefully be getting my phones back soon though. I think after looking i may invest that £300 on upgrading my Audio Technica's to some GS1000's but i'm yet to audition. Realistically though i don't think i can appreciate the refinement in sound from higher end speakers/headphones yet so i'm more than willing to work from the bottom up... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back