New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp
Oct 28, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #271 of 319
Thanks, good to know re: disassembling! I'm also tempted by the ibasso d14 and the creative  e5, but the former would require a cck to pair with my iphone and I've heard the latter's build quality isn't great.

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #272 of 319
  Thanks, good to know re: disassembling! I'm also tempted by the ibasso d14 and the creative  e5, but the former would require a cck to pair with my iphone and I've heard the latter's build quality isn't great.

I love that I can plug my iPhone straight in (I found a great 3" cable on Amazon by Zeskit). The TEAC is very well built for the money.

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #274 of 319
Is there a way that the HA-P50 does NOT charge via usb? It's  always loading from my iPod connected via Lightning to USB cable and the iPod is running on low battery 
mad.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #275 of 319
Hello there,

I own a HA-P50SE and a Samsung Alpha phone running Android 4.4. They are connected with USB. Unfortunately, the Android phone drains the HA-P50SE, because it thinks that HA-P50SE is an external battery and use it to charge its internal battery.
I red on this topic that this is an Android OTG issue and Teac cannot fix it.

Do all Portable USB DAC with internal batteries have the same issue when they are connected to Android devices with USB ? If not, can you please list the products which don't have this "battery drain" issue ?

Thank you very much

Regards

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #276 of 319

How to avoid battery drain on Android

Tested and working NO DRAIN Micro to Micro connection. Onkyo DAC-HA200 + Note 4 android 6.0.1 + micro usb + OTG + ONKYO APP installed (but you can use all the usb players). Cover the +5 volts between the USB and the OTG Cable.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #277 of 319
Hello there,

I own a HA-P50SE and a Samsung Alpha phone running Android 4.4. They are connected with USB. Unfortunately, the Android phone drains the HA-P50SE, because it thinks that HA-P50SE is an external battery and use it to charge its internal battery.
I red on this topic that this is an Android OTG issue and Teac cannot fix it.

Do all Portable USB DAC with internal batteries have the same issue when they are connected to Android devices with USB ? If not, can you please list the products which don't have this "battery drain" issue ?

Thank you very much

Regards

Sorry about your battery drain issue.

How do you like the sound of your SE?

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #279 of 319
Hello dayscables

My Teac HA-P50SE (firmware 1.24) works fine with my iPod Classic 6G.
Unfortunately I don't know if iPod Classic 5.5G and 6G use the same software/firmware.

Regards

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #280 of 319

How do you like the sound of your SE?

Hello jwbrent

To be honest, I returned my HA-P50SE to the seller few days ago, because of the Android battery drain issue.
But it improved a lot the sound of my Samsung Android devices and my iPod Classic. More impacts in bass, more space, more detailed sound. I loved it. I miss it.

Dec 23, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #281 of 319

Hello jwbrent

To be honest, I returned my HA-P50SE to the seller few days ago, because of the Android battery drain issue.
But it improved a lot the sound of my Samsung Android devices and my iPod Classic. More impacts in bass, more space, more detailed sound. I loved it. I miss it.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'm very happy with it's performance with my iPhone 5s.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #282 of 319
Hello,

Quote:

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'm very happy with it's performance with my iPhone 5s.

As lots of external USB DAC, DAC-HA200 is designed to work with iPod / iPhone & iPad : it is written on the box. They are "compatible" with Android. Manufacturers don't guarantee their DAC work with all Android devices. 
What I.don't understand is that a lot of Digital Audio Players (DAP) are Android based and work flawlessly (some A&K, Fiio & Sony,...) ,  It seems Android team has to improve the USB communication between smartphones/tablets and DAC. Not only the battery drain, but the need of a proprietary audio application (Onkyo HR) with minimize drops, clicking,

Regards

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #283 of 319
hey guys I have been using the Ha-p50 on my phone.... but few problems do you guys know how to fix them? 
1. when I use the full size usb input the phone thinks it can charge and kills the dac's battery ( I did see you guys talking about it but I looked like you where using the micro in on the dac ) 
2. I cant use the micro input with a OTG because using it will Hiby the audio chops out all over the place and one the teac app it chops out less but I dont want it to chop out at all .... ( will updating the dac fix this? if so will the update work on win 10? )
any help sorry if I missed the answers to my questions in the thread 

*edit* Btw does not work on ipod 5.5g 

*edit* Fixed all of my problems with the 1.24 update witch will work on win 10 not I can use the micro usb in so now the dac will not kill its own battery trying to charge my phone :D 

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #285 of 319
Thanks very much
It works perfect with Teac-HA-P50 and Galaxy S4.
I don’t understand why Teac doesn’t provide a cable with this functionality.

Quote:

How to avoid battery drain on Android

Tested and working NO DRAIN Micro to Micro connection. Onkyo DAC-HA200 + Note 4 android 6.0.1 + micro usb + OTG + ONKYO APP installed (but you can use all the usb players). Cover the +5 volts between the USB and the OTG Cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back