New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp
Jan 30, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #242 of 319
The ibasso dzero.mk2 is a fantastic dac. The amp is a bit weak compared to the p50, but it is much more clear/analytical. Soundstage is more expansive/deeper with the p50.
I honestly can't think of any faults with the ibasso, it has all the features you could ask for and works well with everything. It just depends if you are looking for a more colored amp (p50) or an clearer amp/dac combo that you can actually use separately (dzero).

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #243 of 319
I agree, the wolfson implementation in D-Zero Mk2 is not the typical you can imagine, maybe due its dual mono design but the sound is really open and airy for a wolfson, really great and easy to enjoy.
The only fault is the HI gain hisses a lot.

Jan 31, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #244 of 319
I've since read some reviews that do suggest this dual Wolfson design is brighter and better detailed than a typical Wolfson DAC, but having read those reviews, I can't tell if the D-Zero MKII, in being less colored than the TEAC P50, for exampke, is doing so as a DAC or as a DAC+amp.

I'm only interested in using the D-Zero's Line Out, so... Can anyone compare it's Line Out performance to the extremely neutral, transparent, and detailed ES9018K2M Line Out of something like the Oppo HA-2? What's different?

Thanks!!

Mime

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #245 of 319
So I'm looking at picking up the HA P50 to power my new Audio Technica R70x's which need plenty of amp power (470 ohm). I'm mainly using Tidal for my music source so I was wondering if this device would work with Tidal without using the Teac windows/mac software. The product literature is confusing. It makes it sound like the HA P50 can only work as a dac/amp with a PC/Mac when using the Teac software. Basically, can I stream Tidal through the usb into this device and get max quality out of the dac/amp? If this only works as a dac/amp with the software, thats kind of a deal breaker. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #246 of 319
  So I'm looking at picking up the HA P50 to power my new Audio Technica R70x's which need plenty of amp power (470 ohm). I'm mainly using Tidal for my music source so I was wondering if this device would work with Tidal without using the Teac windows/mac software. The product literature is confusing. It makes it sound like the HA P50 can only work as a dac/amp with a PC/Mac when using the Teac software. Basically, can I stream Tidal through the usb into this device and get max quality out of the dac/amp? If this only works as a dac/amp with the software, thats kind of a deal breaker. 

The Teac software is just a player that installs also the drivers, the HA P50 is recognised like a USB audio device without the software.
I did test it Win8.1 and Win10 and it works perfectly at 100% of its capacity.
With Android it is a little bit different, the native resolution of the system is limited to 44Khz, so to use the max resolution of the Teac (like other DACs) it is needed a dedicated app and a OTG cable.

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #247 of 319

It works with any other application like Tidal or Spotify. If you are interested in HA P50, I have one on sale in the For Sale section of this forum. I can give it to you for a good price. Its like new. Very low usage.

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #248 of 319
This may or may not be useful/ useless information/ old news.

The TEAC P50 works with Google Cromebook (Toshiba in this case). Just plug and play. I haven't had much experience of other DAC/amps but the TEAC seems uniquely versatile ?

Just plug it into a Windows computer, an iPod Classic, a Chromebook and it works perfectly no messing about with special programs/ cables/ drivers. Why cant it always be this simple for the non-too-tech savvy (like me)   ? 

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #249 of 319
  This may or may not be useful/ useless information/ old news.

The TEAC P50 works with Google Cromebook (Toshiba in this case). Just plug and play. I haven't had much experience of other DAC/amps but the TEAC seems uniquely versatile ?

Just plug it into a Windows computer, an iPod Classic, a Chromebook and it works perfectly no messing about with special programs/ cables/ drivers. Why cant it always be this simple for the non-too-tech savvy (like me)   ? 

It does not work always, with my Samsung MG23 it doesn't

here a picture

atsmile.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #250 of 319
  It does not work always, with my Samsung MG23 it doesn't

Very good ! 

Should have said works with most things ie not all appliances !

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #252 of 319
I just bought my second HA-P50 (I sold the first one) this time in red :D I found it at good price (outlet-new)

Amazing device, really musical and better (for me) than P90SD which was too much warm for me. Althought both devices share sound signature, the P50 has some kind of openness and airy sound, enjoyable organic sound.

Not really designed for iems but usable, and the ability of use while charging is a plus (this killed the Mojo for me).

Are you saying that you can't concurrently charge and use the mojo?! That's a bit ridiculous! What outlet did you buy it from for this good price and what did you pay?

How does the HA-P50 handle planars? I've got a he-400i that is benched because of my terrible amp power out of my Meridian Explorer :frowning2:

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #253 of 319
Are you saying that you can't concurrently charge and use the mojo?! That's a bit ridiculous! What outlet did you buy it from for this good price and what did you pay?

How does the HA-P50 handle planars? I've got a he-400i that is benched because of my terrible amp power out of my Meridian Explorer :frowning2:

Really you can use the Mojo while charging but it gets really warm and it is not recommended by Chord. The Xduoo XD-05 for example, needs two usb for use while charging.

The P50 has the best of two worlds, well no exactly, it should have an on/off charge switch when used with portable devices in order not to drain battery from the other device, in this case you can use the special supplied usb cable for charging, this way it only charges via external P50 jack, not from usb DAC. If you read the manual it is much better explained.

This is the spanish official importer outlet, they have P50 red with red seal (brand new only dirty/damaged external packages) exactly how it arrived mine. I checked and they only ship to Spain and Portugal, but you can ask.

http://www.mag-outlet.com/43-teac-outlet

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #255 of 319
  How's this compared to the Oppo HA-2?

On paper, the Oppo is better in almost every regard, but I'm not sure how discernible this difference is in reality as I don't own one. However, considering the Teac can be found for about half the price (or less) of the Oppo, it is a great deal. However, the Teac does have optical-in option, while the Oppo does not.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back