New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp
Apr 13, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #257 of 319
I've recently developed a new issue with my Ha-P50 and was wondering if anyone could help me out or has experienced something similar. 

I am using the Teac with my new Oneplus 2, which uses usb type-C. When using the stock Usb-C cable connected to the usb-A input of the Teac, the DAC works once it is recognized, which is not always the case. I usually need to reboot the phone, turn on the Teac and then open my music app for it to work. But after that it remains connected.

However, I have been noticing more recently that after a certain amount of time, there is an occasional warbling / slowing down of the music playing, which is a common issue of clock jitter. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the Teac DAC itself or a combination of the Usb-C cable and the Oxygen OS of the Oneplus 2. This issue does not exist when I use optical cable from my computer. 

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #258 of 319
Very pleased with the Onkyo HA-200 I picked up for NZD200 (USD138) a few days ago for portable duties.

I can confirm it has a slighty warm tilt with potent bass and a smooth treble. Bassheads rejoice! Outclassed by my cleaner and more neutral Pro-Ject desktop rig, but it puts up a damn good fight and it's a points decision rather than a knockout. Tames the treble on my Denon AH-D600 too.

Build quality is superb and the rubber ridges are a nice touch.

Great how the cable supplied works with my phone without the need for OTG USB adaptor. Charges my phone too, which is good as the phone battery is a bit weak.

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #259 of 319
I'm having a problem with my HA-P50.
When hooking it up to my HTC One M8 the sound has a periodic "wow and flutter" like a warped record on a turntable.
However, when I plug into my computer, sound is nice, clear, and even.
Any idea what might be going on?
Thanks

Aug 17, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #262 of 319
I just ordered one of these in red from Amazon for $182. I've been needing a little DAC/amp for my iPhone 5S and iPad mini 4, and I like that I don't have to use the Camera Connection Kit to do so.

I was holding off on this amp because I was concerned with the lack of 24/192 capability, but then I noticed when you use the IOS app, it down converts to 24/96 ... that's fine by me for the application.

Love the red color and apparent excellent build quality. Should work with my AKG K7XXs nicely.

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #263 of 319
I think this is the perfect 4" lightning cable with right angle connectors: well built using OFC conductors and a red/black braided jacket.

Aug 17, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #264 of 319
Very pleased with the Onkyo HA-200 I picked up for NZD200 (USD138) a few days ago for portable duties.

I can confirm it has a slighty warm tilt with potent bass and a smooth treble. Bassheads rejoice! Outclassed by my cleaner and more neutral Pro-Ject desktop rig, but it puts up a damn good fight and it's a points decision rather than a knockout. Tames the treble on my Denon AH-D600 too.

Build quality is superb and the rubber ridges are a nice touch.

Great how the cable supplied works with my phone without the need for OTG USB adaptor. Charges my phone too, which is good as the phone battery is a bit weak.

It looks like the Onkyo has a key performance difference over the TEAC: asynchronous USB. The Onkyo site points this out where the TEAC site says nothing about it.

Aug 17, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #265 of 319
It looks like the Onkyo has a key performance difference over the TEAC: asynchronous USB. The Onkyo site points this out where the TEAC site says nothing about it.

No, in the manual the Teac says it's asynchronous usb. The Teac and Onkyo are identical in hardware and circuitry, only using different opamp chips to achieve a different sound sig for each, Teac is more balanced, Onkyo is more warm.

Aug 17, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #266 of 319

No, in the manual the Teac says it's asynchronous usb. The Teac and Onkyo are identical in hardware and circuitry, only using different opamp chips to achieve a different sound sig for each, Teac is more balanced, Onkyo is more warm.

Thank you for the correct info ... and glad to hear it. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #267 of 319
Just received my HA-P50R today. Out of the box, it sounds better than my iPhone 5s as well as my MacBook Air using my K7XXs. Plenty of gain to drive these headphones. I agree with the neutral character others have reported and looking forward to getting time on it to hear further improvements.

Really pleased with the fit and finish for such an affordable DAC/amp.

Aug 20, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #268 of 319
One thing about the TEAC HR Player for Mac/PC that seems unusual is the absence of AAC compatibility. Every other major file format is supported, including MP3.

Anyway, I really am loving my new toy!  
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #270 of 319
  So I'm considering buying the HA-P50. Literally the only thing I'm concerned about is extended use with my computer, which might damage the battery given chargign can't be turned off. I'm wondering if something like this would work to feed sound to the Teac via its optical input? https://www.amazon.com/External-Adapter-Optical-Windows-SD-AUD20101/dp/B006SF68P2/

Seems like it would, although your likely to get better performance using USB since it's a shorter signal path. The nice thing about the HA-P50 is it's easy to disassemble, so battery replacement shouldn't be a big deal.

I love my K712s with this amp. 
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back