New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp
Oct 7, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #211 of 319

You don't leave us much time to answer, do you 
wink_face.gif

I've checked last night and indeed it works fine (iPhone 6/iOS9.0.2).

You are completely right. Patience is not my forte
L3000.gif

Also find out that playing DSD DSF files are converted to PCM and not DSD over DOP as somewhere suggested.... Teac website is a lot clearer to read than Onkyo in my option. http://www.teac.com/product/hr_audio_player_for_ios/

Supported formats when you use with the HA-P50 (or Onkyo HA-P200)
Following file formats/sampling frequency/bit-length will be down-converted, when you use with the HA-P50. 
Sampling Frequency/Bit-length OutputDSD2.8M/5.6MHz→PCM 96kHz/24-bit

Oct 14, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #212 of 319
Read about the AudioQuest Jitterbug and I wonder if the Teac or Onkyo will work connected to an iPod, iPhone or iPad over the lightning cable and Jitterbug.

Did somebody try it and what where the results.

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #213 of 319
Posted for sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAC-HA-P50-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-DAC-/231727681350?hash=item35f40bcf46:g:tCwAAOSw5VFWJ-h6

Gently used and sounds great. Thanks.

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #214 of 319
Any idea when the TEAC HR audio player will be available for Android?
Says 'coming soon' on their website.

I would like to play the HR files through my P50 using my Z3 Compact

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #217 of 319
I have used Poweramp and also Sony Music (fka Walkman) . The Sony can play HiRes natively via headphone out but specs of P50 say it's limited to 16 bit via USB for Android. Are you saying by using Poweramp the TEAC will output 24 bit?

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #219 of 319
Thanks. Looks like I'll need to get one of those cables then. A shame.

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #221 of 319
hi , i just received this dac/amp today , i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong but i tried it with apple product , android product , computer , tv , low and high res files , low and high res streaming , and 3 headphones from £50 to £300 (32 to 200 ohms) and apart for a higher volume capability there's no sound improvement at all , in fact at same volume one would hardly notice any difference at all .
I read comments here about how the sound improvement is amazing , even in "professional" reviews saying its a "superb miniature piece of jewellery amp" .
Do i need to see an Otolaryngologist ? wait for this supposedly "run in" ? or send it back and look elsewhere ? as for right now its a huge disappointment , maybe i was expecting too much ...
Can someone help please ? 

I am like you very disappointed and came to realize if your device has good dac and you don't need an amp then the Teac won't add anything to sound quality. I have Samsung galaxy S6 edge+ and it looks like it's dac is doing pretty good job that I didn't feel any audio quality improvement when hooked it up to the Teac through the usb otg cable other than louder volume.
But my Sony laptop which has bad sound quality got huge improvement when connected to the Teac.
I am thinking to return the Teac and invest sound $500 and get the ifi micro idsd instead

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #222 of 319
The differenced are very subtle I agree but are slightly for the better (hard to define but maybe greater refinement and feeling of spaciousness)

But I think that's the case with most DACs and/or amps. I'm tired of hearing these 'night and day' exaggerations and hype on the forums.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #223 of 319
The differenced are very subtle I agree but are slightly for the better (hard to define but maybe greater refinement and feeling of spaciousness)

But I think that's the case with most DACs and/or amps. I'm tired of hearing these 'night and day' exaggerations and hype on the forums.

I agree. I have this headphone hooked to my iPod classic. The improvement as far as sound quality is very subtle. The only advantage is that I can use my iPod with my higher impedance cans when on the go. Other than that, I still cannot find that "night and day" being mentioned by other people. I think its the headphones that really provide significant improvement as far as sound quality, not DACS. 

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #224 of 319
I agree. I have this headphone hooked to my iPod classic. The improvement as far as sound quality is very subtle. The only advantage is that I can use my iPod with my higher impedance cans when on the go. Other than that, I still cannot find that "night and day" being mentioned by other people. I think its the headphones that really provide significant improvement as far as sound quality, not DACS. 

Do you find like I do the battery life of Classic is reduced when connected to the TEAC?

I find it is, quite massively, down from 30odd hours to what seems a handful of hours! It just seems to die suddenly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back