NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Mar 15, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #691 of 4,019
So, I've rooted my Z1070, can anyone tell me how to backup the noise-canceling app? I'm kind of new to Android and I'm curious as to whether the NC app works on the North American firmware if/when they release it for download.

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #692 of 4,019

Quote:
So, I've rooted my Z1070, can anyone tell me how to backup the noise-canceling app? I'm kind of new to Android and I'm curious as to whether the NC app works on the North American firmware if/when they release it for download.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/584479/new-sony-walkman-z-series-mini-review/375#post_8156416

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #693 of 4,019
I'm not sure I get your point.

I'm aware that the noise-canceling requires the bundled earphones. I wouldn't use those usually but I like using NC when I'm on a plane and I'm okay with using the bundled pair for the duration of a flight.

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #694 of 4,019

Quote:
I'm not sure I get your point.

I'm aware that the noise-canceling requires the bundled earphones. I wouldn't use those usually but I like using NC when I'm on a plane and I'm okay with using the bundled pair for the duration of a flight.

The NC is part of Sony's Japanese z model software and I'm 99% sure its part of the OS and can't be backed up on its own.I have no idea if the NC hardware even exists in the non Japanese versions.
I myself do not use the NC program, and looking for the US ROM to replace my Japanese version.
If you are/will be aware of the availability of this ROM, I appreciate it, regards.

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #695 of 4,019

Quote:

So, to answer some of the questions posted earlier on, the Sony Z-series walkman does not output digital audio signal into an external DAC (do not confuse this with digital data signal in the case of USB file transfer)

What DC did here was to treat the Z-series walkman like any other external storage device whereby his car Stereo Deck reads off the entire file from the Z-series walkman harddrive and then plays it.

However, it may make more sense to get a cheap 120gb external harddrive and hook it up to your car system though. The SQ will be the same and it is more cost effective.

This explains it all, thanks. I use USB sticks / Pen drives in my car, which is the same I guess.

Mar 15, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #696 of 4,019
Has anyone noticed the Sony webiste hasn't update in quite a while?  They still show the Z series in pre order.  lol.  I was looking to see if the new b series is coming to the states.  Might be a fun little walkman to work out with. 

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #697 of 4,019

Quote:
Has anyone noticed the Sony webiste hasn't update in quite a while?  They still show the Z series in pre order.  lol.  I was looking to see if the new b series is coming to the states.  Might be a fun little walkman to work out with. 

The real update we need from them is the 64GB version of the A & Z series walkman!

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #699 of 4,019
Figures, nothing on US Amazon site... still showing Japanese versions of the "Z". 
angry_face.gif

Quote:

Mar 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #701 of 4,019
I could be wrong but I actually thought the Z series was not intended for global release. Probably only the lower end (16/32GB) were released more as a "trial"?

That's my personal thoughts anyway.

Japan companies are well known for having Japan-only models.

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #702 of 4,019
My Z1060 has landed.  Will reserve impressions after a proper 72 hours breaking in period.  So far it is an improvement over the X1060 that I have in SQ and unit is much wider & longer than I thought.

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #703 of 4,019
very happy to report that from my testing of a 32gb uk model, there is no issue with a 'volume cap'. with the stock player, 60-70% of the volume bar is perfectly loud enough. tested with shure srh840 and shure e2c
smile.gif

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #704 of 4,019
i'm trying to convert a live album so it plays gapless. used sonicstage to convert from mp3 to atrac3plus but when using the walkman the converted .oma files don't show up. any ideas?
confused.gif

should say that when the walkman is usb connected to my laptop, i can browse the walkman contents and see the files there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back