NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Feb 2, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #226 of 4,019
Feb 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #227 of 4,019
My review is pretty text heavy.. should i start a new thread or continue posting here? 
L3000.gif

Feb 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #229 of 4,019

Quote:
My review is pretty text heavy.. should i start a new thread or continue posting here? 
L3000.gif

Go ahead my friend, we are waiting......stop teasing us.....

Feb 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #230 of 4,019
Won't syncing with iTunes result in a mess?

My iTunes is full of ALAC and AIFF. Will be a chore to add mp3/m4a copies of the same tracks into my iTunes just for the sake of syncing.

And no, Sony DAP won't sync with iTunes on a Mac.

Windows, perhaps. Not sure what is needed for it to work though.

Feb 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #231 of 4,019
My iTunes is primarily AAC (maybe 10% protected) & some MP3. And I'm on a Mac platform.

Since the Z1070 is Android, I wonder if MarkSpace's MissingSync will work since it supports Android & iTunes(etc) syncing.

I'd be damned if I had to copy and convert my entire library to ATRAC or something.

P.S. yeah uel, U're outta luck with ALAC :frowning2:.
P.P.S. Forgot to add, although you guys may be eyeing for the noise cancellation feature, I think I actually prefer it off in my tests today.

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #232 of 4,019

Why you preferred it off?

Quote:
My iTunes is primarily AAC (maybe 10% protected) & some MP3. And I'm on a Mac platform.
Since the Z1070 is Android, I wonder if MarkSpace's MissingSync will work since it supports Android & iTunes(etc) syncing.
I'd be damned if I had to copy and convert my entire library to ATRAC or something.
P.S. yeah uel, U're outta luck with ALAC
frown.gif
P.P.S. Forgot to add, although you guys may be eyeing for the noise cancellation feature, I think I actually prefer it off in my tests today.

Feb 2, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #233 of 4,019

Quote:

I never knew that 'JEITA 16Ω/mW' means output impedance. What a weird term for it.

NwAvGuy has got a great explanation for headphone impedance. He touches a little bit on output impedance as well. Worth taking a look.

What from I know is that if the output impedance is high, low impedance headphone will sound lean on bass and the overall SQ will falls quite significantly - you won't be able to get the clean and smooth sound.

thanks so much! that was very informative, but i suspected all along, earphones with a lower impedance will sound different with the walkman z since it has higher impedance of 16... but seriously if anyone can recommend the most compatible earphones with sony walkman i would really appreciate it... i thought the xba balanced armature would sound better with with walkman z but in fact it sounded worse than the xb dynamic, i suspected it was due to the impedance difference...

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #235 of 4,019
Let me get this straight - I'm somewhat confused. The Walkman Z does have a line-out to use with portable amps, correct?

2) What is the DAC in this player?

3) Is wifi seamless and quick on this player?

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #236 of 4,019
Can you let us know when you have your Z? it would be nice if sony's walkman plays well with itunes....

You can sync both iTunes & WMP via Sony's free Media-Go (free download, also gives acces to Sony's music store.

was an absolute doddle sync'ing music from iTunes to my A-Series (nice player but I sent it back because of UK volume cap and imminent arrival of Z-Series after a month of trial use lol.. ty Amazon)

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #237 of 4,019
ok my home audio system is Arcam FMJ based with Monitor Audio GS10 speakers with Chord Interconnects... it is purely a CD based system which is bi-amp'ed & bi-wired.

Now that I'm getting into this 'streaming' malarkey I need to know of a good static DAC that will compliment the Sony Z-Series (I'm actually excited about getting one when they're released), I was thinking Musical Fidelity, Leema or Rega DAC's (or a Chord QBD which will make my pockets sob)... also which is best way to go wired or wireless ?

any advice would be welcomed & appreciated... think of me as a complete idiot with an appreciation of good sounding tunes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back