New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 23, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #2,476 of 4,121
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0BYW2J...prefix=sony+nw-a300,aps,200&sr=8-6&th=1&psc=1

£40.50 to UK inc VAT/P&P/Duty. Not real leather so a bit pricy IMO.

I had one of these for my a105, It seemed ok but I didn't really like it. Can't remember if it was the fit or button placement. I do think the official fold case is the nicest. The official silicone was ok, but I thought it was too thick. In the end I just went caseless. I do wish the Korean company that uses the Italian fake leather for AK cases would make cases for sonys.

Those cases were excellent and thin but solid and fit so good. But really $$.

Mar 23, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #2,477 of 4,121
is there someone in the UK with the bass issue that can post here and ask Sony for an update?
--
Today I tested again and eventually disabled all the apps to make it look like it did for @rlw6534 but it didn't work. A flowchart is not ideal to represent this, maybe a sequence diagram but just for fun I tried to represent this as a flow chart (and failed) but as I did it I'm posting it
1679608009535.png

I also tried a variation in which the last "no" instead of going through disabling apps went to "factory reset" and then disabling the apps. None of them worked, just for the record. JPN nw-a306

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #2,479 of 4,121
I had one of these for my a105, It seemed ok but I didn't really like it. Can't remember if it was the fit or button placement. I do think the official fold case is the nicest. The official silicone was ok, but I thought it was too thick. In the end I just went caseless. I do wish the Korean company that uses the Italian fake leather for AK cases would make cases for sonys.

Those cases were excellent and thin but solid and fit so good. But really $$.

Dignis?

Mar 23, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #2,480 of 4,121
is there someone in the UK with the bass issue that can post here and ask Sony for an update?
--
Today I tested again and eventually disabled all the apps to make it look like it did for @rlw6534 but it didn't work. A flowchart is not ideal to represent this, maybe a sequence diagram but just for fun I tried to represent this as a flow chart (and failed) but as I did it I'm posting it
1679608009535.png

I also tried a variation in which the last "no" instead of going through disabling apps went to "factory reset" and then disabling the apps. None of them worked, just for the record. JPN nw-a306

That looks like a lot of work. :wink:

The only thing I know for sure is sometimes my A306 will measure flat, often after a cold boot. Eventually it seems to revert to low bass again. At one time I thought it "stuck" after disabling the sound adjustment app, but I can't reproduce it by trying to repeat the same steps. I'm beginning to think it's random and I have tried a lot of combinations.

Mar 23, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #2,482 of 4,121
--

Anyone familiar with schematics will be able to follow 😀 Hopefully firmware will drop soon-ish.

Mar 23, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #2,485 of 4,121
Today I went to the community forum and replicated the message that @rlw6534 posted here but it was almost immediately removed by the moderators

I got this message shortly after posting. I was respectful and did not promote anything or posted several times.
1679579743715.jpeg

Maybe someone can try and make Sony aware of the issue? is there any advice apart from having support asking to try with a different song?
I just tried to but it's not letting me log in or create an account

Mar 23, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #2,486 of 4,121
I just tried to but it's not letting me log in or create an account
Thank you for trying, I had the same experience trying to post on other community forums. I already had an account from when I registered one of my Sony headphones (or so I think). I tried with that account and it worked.

I wonder if @rlw6534 could try to refresh the existing post given that it seems some time have passed and nobody actually answered the question. I'll try to post again on the K community forum using fewer words and not posting any links (in case that is what caused the removal). Also as I don't post much I haven't built any reputation so I guess I'm on a sort of "grey list".

Mar 23, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #2,487 of 4,121
Didn't like the materials compared to the other cases. Back was thick too. But I did think the 105 case fit better than the R5 Sabre miter case. Personal preference too of course, I like a very svelte case that's thin and light. Wear marks apperaed on them too, like the fake leather was really fragile. Almost like scratches. Most people probably wouldn't have a problem with any of them. Except the thin clear case I tried the buttons were really hard to press, it was like 6 dollars lol.

Doesn't matter because even the dignis one I tried was too thick and bulky. If anyone's had the official case for the smaller AK models they'll know what I mean. Hence I've gone caseless ever since, I just try to be careful because one drop on cement- garage for instance or hitting a hard corner can ding that aluminum:frowning2: or shatter the screen, yikes.

Mar 23, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #2,488 of 4,121
I sent an email to Sony HK tech support and explained the problems, linked to here HF and the Sony US community thread. I asked if they were aware of the problem, and if they could officially confirm Sony is releasing a fix via firmware.

I will update, when/if they answer.

Mar 23, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #2,489 of 4,121
I actually have the miter case for the nw-a100 and it's a "snug fit",buttons are aligned "ok"
1679609184938.jpeg1679609212750.jpeg1679609252225.jpeg

Same here. I actually like a tighter fit so the DAP doesn't tend to slide out. I can still remove it easily enough to get to the SD card. My Dignis case on the ZX-507 is even tighter and can be difficult to remove. Maybe they will make one for the A306. It does look good on the ZX-507...

84414897_2758099784308921_7975908080040804352_n.jpg

Mar 23, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #2,490 of 4,121
Thank you for trying, I had the same experience trying to post on other community forums. I already had an account from when I registered one of my Sony headphones (or so I think). I tried with that account and it worked.

I wonder if @rlw6534 could try to refresh the existing post given that it seems some time have passed and nobody actually answered the question. I'll try to post again on the K community forum using fewer words and not posting any links (in case that is what caused the removal). Also as I don't post much I haven't built any reputation so I guess I'm on a sort of "grey list".

I'll do that. Having trouble logging in right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back