New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 22, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #2,461 of 4,139
just for the record, all the same apps disabled including the sound app, re enabled the sound app , rebooted plenty of times in several combinations but sadly I didn't find the perfect combination or sequence.

I'll keep watching with my eyes wide open for any suggestion. I started playing with some of the other options and switched them on/off to see if after throwing all that at the wall of possibilities anything sticks but...nothing did today:tired_face:

1679528186915.png
:smile:

Mar 22, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #2,462 of 4,139
I have the UK and JPN version, the UK already met "The Internet" but the JPN version has never ever connected to WiFi. I don't think internet plays a role here (but then...what do I know!?).

The JPN model went straight from opened to REW without even finishing the setup. No SD card inserted at that time. I also spotted a weird bug recognising the SD card. It didn't work when I inserted the card while not having the player app opened (despite the content being accessible via "files" or any other app). I had to eject and re-insert while the player app was opened to be able to read its content. Not a biggie but mentioning.

--

I keep looking at the disabled apps mentioned by @rlw6534 and given that I have never connected I'm struggling to see a link between them and the bass issue YET I disabled some of them and still didn't work. I'll continue with the rest but super frustrating.

@rlw6534 is there a possibility that you can test without disabling the google apps and just disabling jp.co.labelgate.moratouch and com.sony.walkman.soundeffectapp as suspects? can you still get the flat line (even if it is glitchy / random)?

(I know it is annoying and a lot to ask so I understand if you don't want to try)

I can try, but it will be tomorrow before I get some more free time to play. It's an interesting mystery and I don't mind at all.

Mar 22, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #2,463 of 4,139
I think you have to re enable all the sound adjustments to stock, then go to your sound adjustment, make sure direct sound is on(doesn’t matter if nothing is on) instead of off, then disable all the sound stuff via android adb, then see if you get something diff

Mar 23, 2023 at 2:19 AM Post #2,464 of 4,139
Hi there and apologies if this has already been answered.
I have the UK A306 and am playing wired to my new Meze Pro 109
can the A306 play and output qobuz from USBC to an external DAC and HP amp like a chord mojo 2 ?
Apologies all. I have trawled this thread and still seek clarification on whether the USB C from A306 will stream Qobuz to an external DAC AMP….
If so are there any internal settings adjustment needed on the A306 ?
In order to drive better my Meze 109s………?

Mar 23, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #2,465 of 4,139
Today I went to the community forum and replicated the message that @rlw6534 posted here but it was almost immediately removed by the moderators

I got this message shortly after posting. I was respectful and did not promote anything or posted several times.
1679579743715.jpeg

Maybe someone can try and make Sony aware of the issue? is there any advice apart from having support asking to try with a different song?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #2,466 of 4,139
can you share the link or seller name please? is it brought via DHL? (FYI there's a 11 GBP fee + VAT) but I agree. Not sure why it's so difficult to find them here
I checked for you, it was the last leather case he had I'm afraid.
He currently can't get more but hopes to in the future.

Mar 23, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #2,467 of 4,139
I have the UK and JPN version, the UK already met "The Internet" but the JPN version has never ever connected to WiFi. I don't think internet plays a role here (but then...what do I know!?).

The JPN model went straight from opened to REW without even finishing the setup. No SD card inserted at that time. I also spotted a weird bug recognising the SD card. It didn't work when I inserted the card while not having the player app opened (despite the content being accessible via "files" or any other app). I had to eject and re-insert while the player app was opened to be able to read its content. Not a biggie but mentioning.

--

I keep looking at the disabled apps mentioned by @rlw6534 and given that I have never connected I'm struggling to see a link between them and the bass issue YET I disabled some of them and still didn't work. I'll continue with the rest but super frustrating.

@rlw6534 is there a possibility that you can test without disabling the google apps and just disabling jp.co.labelgate.moratouch and com.sony.walkman.soundeffectapp as suspects? can you still get the flat line (even if it is glitchy / random)?

(I know it is annoying and a lot to ask so I understand if you don't want to try)

OK. So I did a factory reset and minimal setup (no wifi or Google login, skipped PIN, etc). I then set USB debugging and disabled Mora and Sound effects apps. I went straight to USB plug and enabled DAC mode and increased volume to 120. The low bass issue was present. I rebooted and same thing.

Mar 23, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #2,468 of 4,139
OK. So I did a factory reset and minimal setup (no wifi or Google login, skipped PIN, etc). I then set USB debugging and disabled Mora and Sound effects apps. I went straight to USB plug and enabled DAC mode and increased volume to 120. The low bass issue was present. I rebooted and same thing.
Thank you!

That's almost what I did except that I didn't skip the PIN creation

I did the following and it didn't work
1. Factory reset
2. Choose English (can't understand many languages 😬)
3. Skip WiFi, set the pin next next
4. Set usb debugging
5. Set direct mode on sound app
6. Clear cache, storage
7. Disable mora, sound effect
7.a disable mora, sound effect app and a few Google apps(I repeated this disabling different kind of apps and doing steps 1 to 6)
6. Select DAC in app
7. Plug and test --- FAIL
8. Reboot
9. Plug and test --- FAIL

So, I wonder if you disable now all the Google apps as you did before (without doing any clear cache or touching the sound effect app) would it work or would be spoiled by the fact that initially you took a different decision?

As you say ...you can laugh at my theories, just trying to discard that rather than the sequence what matters is what apps are disabled / not running 😬

Mar 23, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #2,471 of 4,139
We need to create a flow diagram of all possible combinations and outcomes at this rate 😂

That actually would be a good idea, it's going to be hard since I'm assuming gh0st and rlw6534 have different firmware variations. There was someone earlier that had similar results with a cold boot. But I can't find them. If I had the low bass I'd try it myself.

Kudos for the work though, it is an intriguing puzzle. Software glitches can be nightmares.

Mar 23, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #2,472 of 4,139
Apologies all. I have trawled this thread and still seek clarification on whether the USB C from A306 will stream Qobuz to an external DAC AMP….
If so are there any internal settings adjustment needed on the A306 ?
In order to drive better my Meze 109s………?
I don’t have your same setup but I do have Qobuz. I also have the Fiio BTR5 Bluetooth Reciever/USB Dac. Qobuz works just fine when I tried playing through usb audio with the a306 and my IEMs plugged into the dac. Ate my battery on the Walkman much quicker but it does work just fine.

Mar 23, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #2,473 of 4,139
I don’t have your same setup but I do have Qobuz. I also have the Fiio BTR5 Bluetooth Reciever/USB Dac. Qobuz works just fine when I tried playing through usb audio with the a306 and my IEMs plugged into the dac. Ate my battery on the Walkman much quicker but it does work just fine.
Thanks……how was the 306 configured to output to the DAC?

Mar 23, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #2,475 of 4,139
Thanks……how was the 306 configured to output to the DAC?
No configuration needed when I tried myself. The device may or may not give you a pop up asking if you want to connect to the usb Dac. It does for the Walkman player app but it did not for Qobuz. At first I got no volume when I tried Qobuz but I simply did a disconnect of the usb cable then reconnected and then it worked just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back