New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Jan 31, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #167 of 4,162
Using my A105 attached to iFi Gryphon I get maybe 4-5 hours (streaming). The A300 is supposed to be better and I'm sure it is. We won't know for sure until someone actually gets one... :wink:
Lucky you, my A105 is lucky to make it 2.5 hours hooked to my Jade KA3. My two dislikes to my 105 is the battery and the heat it generates :frowning2:

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #168 of 4,162
Cheers psikey

My first "learning curve" problem with buyee (tenso). I bought the A307 & case option from Amazon.co.jp via buyee service and its in two parts. You give funds for them to buy it then when arrives at their warehouse you are asked to choose delivery method and pay for that separately.

Unknown to me its not one item with DAP/Case together but two sperate boxes from Amazon to buyee. I processed delivery by EMS at cost of £20 then realised another was showing up for completing delivery.

Basically, I have two parcel each showing at 60,000yen, processed one not realising there is a "consolidate" option to put parcel together.

So, I'm now in situation of them wanting another £20 delivery fee for the case which has an actual value of 3500yen not 60,000yen! Going to be one expensive case :rolling_eyes:

And if both packages show as 60,000yen, possibly double hit of high duty/VAT!

Partly my fault as not seeing/understanding the "consolidate" option with this being my first time using buyee.

So, DAP on its way, awaiting them looking into what best thing to do for case & effectively double invoice of 60,000yen for parcels!

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #171 of 4,162
So, I'm now in situation of them wanting another £20 delivery fee for the case which has an actual value of 3500yen not 60,000yen! Going to be one expensive case :rolling_eyes:
The customs declaration of the parcel with the case will show the value of the case, not the value of the player. So don't worry that you'll have to pay double customs duty.

Feb 1, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #172 of 4,162
My first "learning curve" problem with buyee (tenso). I bought the A307 & case option from Amazon.co.jp via buyee service and its in two parts. You give funds for them to buy it then when arrives at their warehouse you are asked to choose delivery method and pay for that separately.

Unknown to me its not one item with DAP/Case together but two sperate boxes from Amazon to buyee. I processed delivery by EMS at cost of £20 then realised another was showing up for completing delivery.

Basically, I have two parcel each showing at 60,000yen, processed one not realising there is a "consolidate" option to put parcel together.

Partly my fault as not seeing/understanding the "consolidate" option with this being my first time using buyee.

So, DAP on its way, awaiting them looking into what best thing to do for case & effectively double invoice of 60,000yen for parcels!

Good to know as I have ordered the A306 and the Silicon case as well from Buyee/Amazon.

Feb 1, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #176 of 4,162

I just realised i have used buyee before, did you know that not only can you consolidate you can actually edit the shipping and describe the item as a toy etc it passes through customs without duties ...I only just realised it is buyee!! i use them for my Japanese yahoo auctions its has been a while since i used them though ...Great service ....

Feb 1, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #178 of 4,162
I just realised i have used buyee before, did you know that not only can you consolidate you can actually edit the shipping and describe the item as a toy etc it passes through customs without duties ...I only just realised it is buyee!! i use them for my Japanese yahoo auctions its has been a while since i used them though ...Great service ....
Apart from my mistake that could cost me an extra £20, it seem good. Online chat was very good to and they are trying to find me best solution.

If you want to see the stock on Amazon.co.jp just put location as postcode 100-0000 and see what really is in stock & prices.

Downside compared to being able to by from Amazon direct before is that you end up paying Japanese taxes and UK duty/VAT all in the price quoted too, so will be more expensive, but still cheaper than ebay by the looks of it.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #179 of 4,162
I don't know what Spotify uses, OGG is an open source format. Why would it not be supported?
Always been a fringe one I think. I used ogg in the old days (rather than mp3) before FLAC and I'm sure it was Spotify that used the format too initially. In answer to your question, no idea why they leave it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back