New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 3, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #196 of 4,198
Well I'm not too worried about the nw a306 as the 1.1 mw is obviously a mistake. I'd be pissed though if there were no hi gain setting on the ZX700. Of course the 1.1 mw has to be a typo there too, I don't know what the low gain values are for that dap. Or what the actual power out is.

If you exchange volts then the output is about 35 mw @ 16 ohm. Which is fine for the a306. I would expect the ZX700 3.5 to be 50 mw @ 16 ohms though. But who knows at this point. There definitely needs to be a high gain for the balanced out. It's hard to tell the output sometimes by ear as volume isn't always linear. But AFAIK there's no laws in the US that would make Sony limit the output, avls is different as you can disable it and crank volume to the max if so desired. And we don't adhere to the who suggestions on sound pressure AFAIK.

I'll find out in a couple of days if anything has changed volume wise from the US a105. I don't really expect any noticeable improvement sound wise over the a105. As long as battery life is better I'll be happy. Plus these days dongles are so cheap you can add one for power if you want to drive more demanding stuff. But 1.1 mw lol would sound like flea on most gear lol.

Hopefully on ZX700 Sony just f'ed up the software. Because you can get 50 mw @ 16 ohm just out of the digital amp itself, and of course that model has big caps for the balanced output.

And I'm giving up on shanling m1s lol.
The complaints from EU owners of Sony DAP's has always been the volume cap. I would rather not spend the money only to find out it is a big issue then have to return it. Given the dealers that carry Sony DAP's in Canada trying before buying isn't a likely option. The Sony Canada online store and amazon will likely be the only options to buy. Definitely eyeing the M1S now more than ever but it is now Feb 3, and still not a peep from Shanling. That thread has been comatose for awhile now.

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #197 of 4,198
The complaints from EU owners of Sony DAP's has always been the volume cap. I would rather not spend the money only to find out it is a big issue then have to return it. Given the dealers that carry Sony DAP's in Canada trying before buying isn't a likely option. The Sony Canada online store and amazon will likely be the only options to buy. Definitely eyeing the M1S now more than ever but it is now Feb 3, and still not a peep from Shanling. That thread has been comatose for awhile now.
The m1s? How about the m3 ultra?

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #198 of 4,198
The m1s? How about the m3 ultra?
When it comes to and android DAP Sony is the only maker I would fully trust. The M1S on paper fits my needs the best of all the alternatives and should be quite a bit cheaper than either the M3 Ultra or A306

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #201 of 4,198
silly question but is tiktok smooth on this device?, mine is already on the way, just looking forward to it being good performance watching tiktok I hope.

Do you not have a phone ?

I also have an A307 on the way and it will be 100% used purely as a music player with its tiny screen. Walkman Music App & music streaming app and that's it.

Feb 3, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #202 of 4,198
My goodness, this is one 'tiny' device (compared to my 1AM2). Its got some weight to it. The UI seems faster as well than my 1AM2. All metal body.

20230203_194440.jpg
20230203_194406.jpg

The lack of High Gain option is holding me back

@psikey Do you Mind sharing the link where you got yours?

Feb 3, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #203 of 4,198
When it comes to and android DAP Sony is the only maker I would fully trust. The M1S on paper fits my needs the best of all the alternatives and should be quite a bit cheaper than either the M3 Ultra or A306
I like the idea of the m1s but so far it's vaporware. Also, I don't want another device with a 20k file limit.

What's you're reasoning for not trusting Shanling and Android? Fear of CCP spyware?

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #204 of 4,198
My goodness, this is one 'tiny' device (compared to my 1AM2). Its got some weight to it. The UI seems faster as well than my 1AM2. All metal body.

The high gain option is only on the ZX700 series.

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #205 of 4,198

You mean my Amazon Japan order? https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B0BS2YTKTK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

Only shows stock if you select a Japanese postcode (100-0000). Mines being shipped by buyee today. See how much I get stung with customs or if I'm lucky!

I had the A105 so know how small they are. Always liked apart from low battery life, this should fix any shortcomings of its predecessor.

32GB A306 without case down to 42,000yen (£265.52) and some blue/grey in stock as I just checked. I've gone for 64GB Grey version with case.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #206 of 4,198
The high gain option is only on the ZX700 series.

Ahhhh I see. So the 300 series never had High Gain? I thought it has the same cap as SG released 707 units.

You mean my Amazon Japan order? https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B0BS2YTKTK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5&psc=1

Only shows stock if you select a Japanese postcode (100-0000). Mines being shipped by buyee today. See how much I get stung with customs or if I'm lucky!

I had the A107 so know how small they are. Always liked apart from low battery life, this should fix any shortcomings of its predecessor.

32GB A306 without case down to 42,000yen (£265.52) and some blue/grey in stock as I just checked. I've gone for 64GB Grey version with case.

Great! Thanks for the link!

Feb 3, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #207 of 4,198
When it comes to and android DAP Sony is the only maker I would fully trust. The M1S on paper fits my needs the best of all the alternatives and should be quite a bit cheaper than either the M3 Ultra or A30
@fish1050 are you referring to the aune m1S ?

Feb 3, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #209 of 4,198

I had the A107 so know how small they are. Always liked apart from low battery life, this should fix any shortcomings of its predecessor.

Has anyone confirmed Sony's battery claims?

(Still waiting on these reviews)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back