New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 21, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #4,053 of 4,118
maybe ill try some other Bluetooth headphones just to make sure its not linked to the sony ones
Did you use the Sony Headphone app for the Sony headphones? cos there is a volume control in the Sony headphone app too.

Feb 22, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #4,055 of 4,118
Did you use the Sony Headphone app for the Sony headphones? cos there is a volume control in the Sony headphone app too.
no luck, the behaviour is the same as the video i posted earlier. the volume in the app is linked to the bluetooth volume which is licked to the media volume. i think these are good things IF the volume wasn't lower for my android apps.

Feb 22, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #4,056 of 4,118
Kinda wish these cases lasted a bit longer. Starting to fall apart after just one year. Stocked up and at the rate they last, I should be good for the next two years 😂

wm.jpg

wmcase.jpg

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #4,057 of 4,118
Kinda wish these cases lasted a bit longer. Starting to fall apart after just one year. Stocked up and at the rate they last, I should be good for the next two years 😂

wm.jpg
wmcase.jpg
Mine still looks brand new, but I do handle all my stuff carefully, and no drops.

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #4,059 of 4,118
Since a few days ago, I started having issues with boot times - my Walkman is set to turn off automatically and it now takes 1-2 minutes for it to boot. Most of the time the Walkman is stuck on the SONY logo; the Android/Walkman logo and Walkman slogan follow rather quickly. I did install some additional software (Syncthing, Pano Scrobbler, Tasker) so I am not totally concerned, but wanted to check how common is this.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #4,060 of 4,118
Since a few days ago, I started having issues with boot times - my Walkman is set to turn off automatically and it now takes 1-2 minutes for it to boot. Most of the time the Walkman is stuck on the SONY logo; the Android/Walkman logo and Walkman slogan follow rather quickly. I did install some additional software (Syncthing, Pano Scrobbler, Tasker) so I am not totally concerned, but wanted to check how common is this.
Mine is relatively new, about a week now I've had this thing, but it boots a lot faster once I got rid of the suggested Google apps and services among other performance enhancement.

Actually a lot of the processes got much faster, I knew I'd see a difference, but it runs significantly smoother and scanning my 1TB SD Card through Power Amp is also relatively speedy whenever I add some new albums into the library.

I use all those apps except Syncthing but maybe there's an app or process during the boot that is slowing down, but which one?

I'm not too familiar with Tasker so I was actually curious if anyone was familiar on how intensive of an app it was on battery life. I only installed it because I wanted to bypass many of the obnoxious safety functions added to prevent high volume use.

On that note, I was wondering if anyone had any screenshots/videos or are able to share links to tasker projects regarding how to work around volume limit warnings for Bluetooth? I haven't encountered the issue as of yet today, but I wasn't aware the one task I saw online to turn off the volume warning check only applied to the auxiliary input and not Bluetooth.

Feel free to judge but I use airpods when I'm at work to keep myself sane so I generally rely on Bluetooth a majority of my listening time. I was a tad frustrated to see I still got the popup window, but I saw there was a workaround for tasker to automatically close the window. I feel both tech and regular illiterate so I don't know if I followed the proper steps for it to work, I'll find out later today if it did or didn't but in any case I'm still curious to hear people's solutions to this issue or if you've just learned to suck it up and deal with them for the time being.

Sorry for my first post being so long, regardless I've been lurking on this site on and off for years so the help and information from here, and this thread ofc, have been helpful.

Feb 29, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #4,061 of 4,118
My battery consumption in idle state (screen turned off, no playback and no Wifi/BT) is approx 1%/hour, which is a little bit more than I'd expect, but I think it comes down to Tasker doing its work in the background. I have the Walkman turn off automatically when not used so I am not too worried about battery life, but the boot duration is annoying (and inconsistent). I found some references to slow boot on Reddit and Youtube so I assume it's not uncommon, but I feel it actually got worse after recent firmware update.

Edit: I have not done advanced any service-level debloating, just disabled some Google apps via standard Android interface.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #4,063 of 4,118
Mar 8, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #4,064 of 4,118
Can anyone share the list of Apps that come pre-installed from the factory? I'm mostly curious how much Google / Android bloatwear stuff there is on this DAP? Is there a Chrome App? Google Maps? Thank you.
I think there is a more comprehensive list somewhere linked in this thread, you can Google for more potential apps worth uninstalling but check this one:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...lkman-optimization-guide.962975/post-16953155

It should also apply to the A306 among other android based devices, but for precaution while using adbappcontrol, make sure to back up whatever you're uninstalling in case any issues arise. It should notify you whether or not you wish to proceed uninstalling the app/service as well as offering to back it up before uninstalling your desired apps/services.

It's worth noting that the volumectrlalert service should NOT be uninstalled as once 20 consecutive listening hours have been reached, the volume will lock at 50 with no way to deactivate the alert since the pop up window won't appear due to the service being uninstalled.

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #4,065 of 4,118

It's worth noting that the volumectrlalert service should NOT be uninstalled as once 20 consecutive listening hours have been reached, the volume will lock at 50 with no way to deactivate the alert since the pop up window won't appear due to the service being uninstalled.

Of course, not relevance on an uncapped one like my Japanese version. Never get the nag warning at all anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back