New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 19, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #4,036 of 4,137
Considering you can purchase a 1.5tb card now for $150 USD replacing a lesser value card should be relatively cheap
Well I don’t really know how much disposable income he/she has and given the extremely high inflation/unemployment/retrenchment that is happening in the world right now. I would rather give him/her a suggestion that don’t involve spending more money! Anyways I am also the mad man here that recommends people to buy the super expensive swissbit industrial microSD card, so make your judgement on my intentions.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #4,037 of 4,137
I would suggest to try reformatting your microSD card using the Walkman android storage setting. Remember to have backups of your microSD music files before reformatting. See if this step is able to resolve the issue for the time being. Do remember that microSD card will wear out and fail eventually after a few years(up to 10, depending on many factors) and have to be replaced.
thank you. i do have a backup of my music. when you say "using the walkman android storage setting" you mean format the card using settings on the walkman itself?

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #4,038 of 4,137
Well I don’t really know how much disposable income he has and given the extremely high inflation/unemployment/retrenchment that is happening in the world right now. I would rather give him/her a suggestion that don’t involve spending more money! Anyways I am also the mad man here that recommends people to buy the super expensive swissbit industrial microSD card, so make your judgement on my intentions.
thanks both, yeah replacement for a sandisk is about £15 quid or £25 for the faster pro. not sure what is sufficient for walkman/music use?

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #4,039 of 4,137
Well I don’t really know how much disposable income he/she has and given the extremely high inflation/unemployment/retrenchment that is happening in the world right now. I would rather give him/her a suggestion that don’t involve spending more money! Anyways I am also the mad man here that recommends people to buy the super expensive swissbit industrial microSD card, so make your judgement on my intentions.
I should have micro quoted. My statement was in regard to having to replace a worn out card

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #4,040 of 4,137
the swissbit equivalent is only £100 lol.

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #4,041 of 4,137
thank you. i do have a backup of my music. when you say "using the walkman android storage setting" you mean format the card using settings on the walkman itself?
Yes formatting the card via the Walman itself. Do not use a computer/other device to perform the reformat.

If you format the card. All data currently stored inside your lexar card will be wiped clean and gone forever. You have to retransfer music back from your pc/mac or nas. Just want to be extra implicit on this point haha.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #4,042 of 4,137
Yes formatting the card via the Walman itself. Do not use a computer/other device to perform the reformat.

If you format the card. All data currently stored inside your lexar card will be wiped clean. You have to retransfer them back from your pc/mac or nas.
yes I'll format the card in the walkman and then plug it into my nas and retransfer.

hopefully this sorts it. thanks.

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #4,043 of 4,137
thanks both, yeah replacement for a sandisk is about £15 quid or £25 for the faster pro. not sure what is sufficient for walkman/music use?
If you are looking for a replacement card, I think the Samsung Pro Ultimate seems to be a good candidate. @FreeTime is using one now, he seems to like it very much.
Just a quick post of recommendation, if anyone is looking for a new sd card for this cute player, give Samsung Pro Ultimate a shot. I love it so much after trying on ZM2, that I bought a 2nd one for A306. It has a new 28nm host controller that does some magic to both my dap, shall not go into the details of sound improvement as it differs to everyone. I will keep it to one post on sd card as I know it is sensitive issues.

It is a newly released model, it maybe hard to find so see if this is available in your area. Samsung touts that it having improved power savings and better error correction engine compared to their previous high end model.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tec...era-drone-gaming-singapore-price-availability

Additional features include Samsung’s new 28-nanometre controller on the microSD card. The company said it has a 37% improvement in power efficiency and has an enhanced Error Correction Code engine, making it less power-hungry and more reliable at storing data safely.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #4,044 of 4,137
If you are looking for a replacement card, I think the Samsung Pro Ultimate seems to be a good candidate. @FreeTime is using one now, he seems to like it very much.

It is a newly released model, it maybe hard to find so see if this is available in your area. Samsung touts it has having improved power savings and better error correction engine compared to their previous high end model.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tec...era-drone-gaming-singapore-price-availability

Additional features include Samsung’s new 28-nanometre controller on the microSD card. The company said it has a 37% improvement in power efficiency and has an enhanced Error Correction Code engine, making it less power-hungry and more reliable at storing data safely.
I'll have a look thank you.

Feb 19, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #4,045 of 4,137
the swissbit equivalent is only £100 lol.
Money is relative. What is $44 billion to Elon Musk?

Crazy as it may seem, there are more expensive things in life that people spend their money on. Like spending hundreds of thousands on a pair of sneakers(made out of synthetic rubber, nylon and inexpensive common materials, likely made in some third world country with poor labour practices)

https://luxe.digital/lifestyle/style/most-expensive-sneakers/

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #4,046 of 4,137
seems like at some point (android 13 update?) the walkman cannot play bluetooth volume at a high volume through an android app. Sony Walkman app still works fine but tidal is unacceptably quiet even at full volume.

I thought it might just be a software bug so i factory reset the walkman and still no good.

setting absolute volume in developer options does nothing other than mess up the way volume works on the player and still doesnt increase the volume.

comparing this to my Nokia mobile, Bluetooth is strong and full, but not on the Walkman. its actually a bit of a joke considering this is a Walkman and im using Sony Bluetooth Headphones.

Thanks Sony.

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #4,047 of 4,137
seems like at some point (android 13 update?) the walkman cannot play bluetooth volume at a high volume through an android app. Sony Walkman app still works fine but tidal is unacceptably quiet even at full volume.

I thought it might just be a software bug so i factory reset the walkman and still no good.

setting absolute volume in developer options does nothing other than mess up the way volume works on the player and still doesnt increase the volume.

comparing this to my Nokia mobile, Bluetooth is strong and full, but not on the Walkman. its actually a bit of a joke considering this is a Walkman and im using Sony Bluetooth Headphones.

Thanks Sony.
I assume you got the Media slider in Sound settings all the way to the max? BT volume in some apps seems to be controlled by this slider; Walkman app bypasses it. I had it randomly go down once, but then it didn't reoccur.

Feb 20, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #4,048 of 4,137
I assume you got the Media slider in Sound settings all the way to the max? BT volume in some apps seems to be controlled by this slider; Walkman app bypasses it. I had it randomly go down once, but then it didn't reoccur.
thanks, yes in the past this worked, but it doesnt work anymore. the media slider in now directly attached the the bluetooth volume and volume buttons.

see the video ive attached

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #4,049 of 4,137
thanks, yes in the past this worked, but it doesnt work anymore. the media slider in now directly attached the the bluetooth volume and volume buttons.

see the video ive attached

Im not sure if this will work, there is a setting inside developer option to enable the disable absolute volume for bluetooth. Im only using Sony Music app at the moment, so can't try it yet. Then u can check to see if the chain of the main and media volume is separated like before. O, ya, remember to lower the main volume first.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #4,050 of 4,137
Im not sure if this will work, there is a setting inside developer option to enable the disable absolute volume for bluetooth. Im only using Sony Music app at the moment, so can't try it yet. Then u can check to see if the chain of the main and media volume is separated like before. O, ya, remember to lower the main volume first.
yeah it makes everything way too boomy and weird and the volume slider gets all messed up so you cant see what volume youre at.

ill just have to live with it. its odd tho cos my rubbish nokia android has fine volume without doing anything in developer mode but the walkman sounds really quiet unless i use the walkman app.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back