New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 12, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #4,066 of 4,119
Of course, nor relevance on an uncapped one like my Japanese version. Never get the nag warning at all anyway.
I wish I had done a bit more research before pulling the trigger on my American one, but regardless I've been content with the capped A306 since it does indeed act as a functional audio player.

Mar 12, 2024 at 12:50 AM Post #4,067 of 4,119
Mine is relatively new, about a week now I've had this thing, but it boots a lot faster once I got rid of the suggested Google apps and services among other performance enhancement.
To add onto this, I am too experiencing the slow boot times now. It wasn't particularly noticable because I don't tend to shut off my A306 to experience the boot screen, but I enabled the auto shut down to save on battery when I pass out while listening to a queue. It's not the worst thing ever, but I'm just gonna disable the auto shutdown function and just turn off the device of my own volition when I need to. I tend to carry a portable battery with me anyways and I usually end up charging my A306 before going out.

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #4,068 of 4,119
I wish I had done a bit more research before pulling the trigger on my American one, but regardless I've been content with the capped A306 since it does indeed act as a functional audio player.

I'm with you.

I'm glad I didn't spend the extra on the import version. The device sounds great and is incredibly small. But, the laggy UI and too small screen diminish it's luster.

For reference, the Hiby M300 ia slightly bigger but much snappier. And it's considerably cheaper. SQ wise I can't compare easily aince it has 100mw over the NW-A306. Whether it stays this way or bogs down over time, I'll see.

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #4,069 of 4,119
To add onto this, I am too experiencing the slow boot times now. It wasn't particularly noticable because I don't tend to shut off my A306 to experience the boot screen, but I enabled the auto shut down to save on battery when I pass out while listening to a queue. It's not the worst thing ever, but I'm just gonna disable the auto shutdown function and just turn off the device of my own volition when I need to. I tend to carry a portable battery with me anyways and I usually end up charging my A306 before going out.
Have you tried to determine what is causing this slow boot? The likely reason is because of 3rd party apps. If this slow boot is still occurring after removal of 3rd party apps then I would suggest for a factory reset to try and see if this resolves the issue, and as usual advise, please backup data before performing any reset.

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #4,071 of 4,119
do you have any battery drain with the a306 completly shut down?
There is some, but it is not bad. I think m
ine was left powered off for a couple of weeks, and I just turned it on now to check, and it is at 70%.
All modern devices are alive at a low level, even when powered off. That is so they can monitor for the power button to be pressed, and start up the main OS.

The older devices that have an actual mechanical switch that disconnects the power, are the only ones that have no low level power drain, as once the battery is disconnected, nothing is running on the device. It is totally off, and using no power at all.

All other devices that use a button press to start up the device, means that the device is running at a lower power level, to monitor for the button press, and to react to it.

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #4,072 of 4,119
There is some, but it is not bad. I think m
ine was left powered off for a couple of weeks, and I just turned it on now to check, and it is at 70%.
All modern devices are alive at a low level, even when powered off. That is so they can monitor for the power button to be pressed, and start up the main OS.

The older devices that have an actual mechanical switch that disconnects the power, are the only ones that have no low level power drain, as once the battery is disconnected, nothing is running on the device. It is totally off, and using no power at all.

All other devices that use a button press to start up the device, means that the device is running at a lower power level, to monitor for the button press, and to react to it.
Thanks, i was just worried that mine had an issue.

Mar 17, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #4,073 of 4,119
Have you tried to determine what is causing this slow boot? The likely reason is because of 3rd party apps. If this slow boot is still occurring after removal of 3rd party apps then I would suggest for a factory reset to try and see if this resolves the issue, and as usual advise, please backup data before performing any reset.
Eh, I'm not too flustered about it to do a whole reset. It's not abysmal like I said considering I don't usually keep it off and actively use it often. I uninstalled many apps and services to improve the general experience and it is indeed improved.

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #4,079 of 4,119
Bought a shell case from Amazon by a company called FATBEAR to protect my A306. Not only does it protect but the buttons are easier to press and fits better in my large hands.

20240321-140855.jpg

20240321-140829.jpg

20240321-140914.jpg

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #4,080 of 4,119
Does anyone else have an issue with the Audio Balance in settings? Adjusting the balance left or right has no effect on my A306.

Edit- The Audio Balance works if you set it to mono but where is the stereo audio balance?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back