New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #4,081 of 4,121
I wish I had done a bit more research before pulling the trigger on my American one, but regardless I've been content with the capped A306 since it does indeed act as a functional audio player.
Same here. It does sound like a big step down from my WM1A, perhaps because the cap is a serious hindrance. Still, I'm happy with the functionality.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #4,082 of 4,121
Same here. It does sound like a big step down from my WM1A, perhaps because the cap is a serious hindrance. Still, I'm happy with the functionality.
Hi,
Not sure if it'll help but read this post on Reddit website.
A306 tip to avoid bluetooth volume limit.
Hi, worth a look but if you haven't then join Reddit website chat and join the group called r/Walkman, there's a post with a photo and explanation for using a Bluetooth transmitter to bypass the volume issue. Cheers Graham

Mar 28, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #4,084 of 4,121
It's the same as any stock Android. Go to the app drawer > Settings app > Security > Screen lock and pick something else.
> "Go to the app drawer > Settings app > Security > Screen lock and pick something else"
on that page, I can't pick anything. I first have to re-enter my PIN and there aren't any number buttons or keyboard. I can't re-enter my PIN
IMG_7761.JPG

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #4,085 of 4,121
Allo veloopity, still having issues?, bugger!. Does a keyboard not pop up when you touch the box?

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #4,087 of 4,121
no, nothing pops up, I can't enter anything here
Did you disable some processes and by mistake select the one that activates the keyboard? Can you boot into a safe mode or recovery mode?

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #4,088 of 4,121
Did you disable some processes and by mistake select the one that activates the keyboard? Can you boot into a safe mode or recovery mode?
YES THAT WAS IT - I re-enabled what I had disabled, and I had to restart the player, and now I could enter the PIN and finally set the screen lock to NONE.
Thanks bunches !!!

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #4,089 of 4,121
YES THAT WAS IT - I re-enabled what I had disabled, and I had to restart the player, and now I could enter the PIN and finally set the screen lock to NONE.
Thanks bunches !!!

Glad you got it sorted,

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #4,090 of 4,121
Hi,
Not sure if it'll help but read this post on Reddit website.
A306 tip to avoid bluetooth volume limit.

Hi, worth a look but if you haven't then join Reddit website chat and join the group called r/Walkman, there's a post with a photo and explanation for using a Bluetooth transmitter to bypass the volume issue. Cheers Graham
Thanks for the tips and sorry for the delayed reply. I've been out of the forum a few days!

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #4,093 of 4,121
I haven’t updated yet but hopefully this fixes the connection issue I am always having when I am streaming hi res music and sending over LDAC at the same time.
Ah, wifi and LDAC has been a known issue, I rarely do streaming, someone needs to try it, hehe. I do notice the previous firmware has improved LDAC connection with WF-xm5 in busy environment. Any further improvement from this firmware is a big welcome.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #4,094 of 4,121
I haven’t updated yet but hopefully this fixes the connection issue I am always having when I am streaming hi res music and sending over LDAC at the same time.
There is this setting im using, not sure if it will improve in your use case. I enabled the Battery power saver in the setting and set it always on even after restart or full charge. It was recommended by Sonywalkmanuser, to be fair not to claim any credit. From android white paper, this setting stops background services like date syncing, push mail, android updates from accessing the internet, so freeing up the wifi for your streaming. Im using it cos I do notice improvement is SQ, of course it's up to individual opinion.

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #4,095 of 4,121
Hi all,
Was looking for a portable DAP in the 300EUR price range. Interested in the Hiby R4 but at 18.5mm thick, might be a little too thick for comfortable portability.
Now looking at the 306 or 307 (Although 307 does not seem to have much availability over here in EU)

Intended use would be with the new Moondrop Dusk, using the DSP cable. Any thoughts? Would be open to other portable sized DAP that do well. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Oh finally, the difference between the 306 and 307 is really nothing more than the internal storage? 32 vs 64GB

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back