New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 30, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #2,687 of 4,178
I got a post from the Walkman anniversary thread, and that's what he said. Unless it was older.

FWIW, I measured my A105 earlier in this thread with a sweep (no USB DAC mode) and it measured fine...

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #2,688 of 4,178
Mar 30, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #2,689 of 4,178
Nah, my ears are just accustomed to listening to high-res and at higher bitrates. I can't select anything higher than APTX (not even aptxhd) when what I really want to listen to is LDAC. Really wish I could. I'm going to stick to using my Sennheiser MTW3s with the Creative bluetooth dongle connected to my iPad Mini. Both have AptX Adaptive and for some reason, that combo doesn't flare my tinnitus.

You mean lower rez at lower bitrates?

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #2,693 of 4,178
Did the update today and you know what I always thought I didn't had this lower freq issue since I was using a bassy IEM and third part equaliser app installed. But after the update I don't need any third party equaliser, sounds so great and dynamic bass response. Good job Sony for keeping the trust alive. I love my A306 even more now!! It sounds so good now compared to my previous A55 and A105

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #2,694 of 4,178
How's that Bella Sonas track sound now 😀 BOOM BOOM...................BOOM BOOM
Absolutely and my 'missing in action' bass pedals now growl and rumble threatening to shake my eyeballs from their sockets.

Just how it should be! 😁👍

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #2,695 of 4,178
I think, the tiny bit of hiss I hear is less. Not sure, it's super low have to be in quiet area and disconnect jack and re connect to hear it. It's either lower or gone. It was super super low anyways but I could notice it.

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #2,696 of 4,178
You mean lower rez at lower bitrates?
No, I'm used to listening at higher rez at higher bitrates. Can no longer do so, as it spikes my tinnitus for days afterwards. Had to sell my Sony IER-Z1R and TA-ZH1ES for this reason a year or two ago, as I can no longer go wired. So, recently, I'm trying to use lower rez bluetooth codecs while still trying to preserve some of that high-res sound, without aggravating my hearing issues. I thought maybe AptX-HD would do this for me, but I'm bumping it down further now to AptX-Adaptive, which the NW-A306 doesn't have.

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #2,697 of 4,178
Thanks to everybody for doing measurements, bugging Sony and trying to unravel this mystery. I had a feeling Sony knew about this and would quietly slip in a fix.

Special thanks to rlw6534, he went above and beyond the call of duty. Cheers! 🍺🍺

Enjoy the BASS. Ale 😀 Now people in Japan are adjusting their EQ's where'd the treble go??

Mar 30, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #2,698 of 4,178
No, I'm used to listening at higher rez at higher bitrates. Can no longer do so, as it spikes my tinnitus for days afterwards. Had to sell my Sony IER-Z1R and TA-ZH1ES for this reason a year or two ago, as I can no longer go wired. So, recently, I'm trying to use lower rez bluetooth codecs while still trying to preserve some of that high-res sound, without aggravating my hearing issues. I thought maybe AptX-HD would do this for me, but I'm bumping it down further now to AptX-Adaptive, which the NW-A306 doesn't have.

Ahhh, I see.

Mar 30, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #2,700 of 4,178
Glad to hear that the bass issue has been fixed, I'm doing the update now, I'm just curious, does anyone know if formatting the SD card makes a huge difference to performance? Transferring all my tracks off and then back onto the SD card will be a major hassle that I'd rather not have to do if it makes no difference, but I've seen some pople saying it makes a big difference to the overall performance.
I took my SD card out for the update, then just rebuilt the database after it completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back