New Sony PHA-2A portable DAC
Sep 22, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #152 of 244
Can I confirm something with you guys? The PHA-2A has no line out mode like the PHA3 right?

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #154 of 244
thanks

Oct 17, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #155 of 244
Hi,everyone how's about the pha 2a battery life,can it charge them and playing at the same time?it looks great but many people claim that the es9018k2m has some noise floor, that's why oppo choose go to the es9028k2m

Oct 17, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #156 of 244
Hi,everyone how's about the pha 2a battery life,can it charge them and playing at the same time?it looks great but many people claim that the es9018k2m has some noise floor, that's why oppo choose go to the es9028k2m
If you read through this thread, 1st question is already answered. Yes it charges while playing IF you connect the charge port (2nd mini-usb).
Noise floor? Near dead quiet. For my iem, I have to turn it on high gain and the volume to near max to hear any noise floor. Suffice to say you don't need high gain for iems, even any demanding iem should do on the medium gain.

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #157 of 244
How is the GSM buzz from this dac/amp when connected to a smartphone and running spotify/tidal over 3G/4G? My RSA Intruder is terrible and I'm considering switching to either this or the 3A when/if it comes out.

Also, does anyone know if there will be and Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals on this amp anywhere?

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #158 of 244
How is the GSM buzz from this dac/amp when connected to a smartphone and running spotify/tidal over 3G/4G? My RSA Intruder is terrible and I'm considering switching to either this or the 3A when/if it comes out.

Also, does anyone know if there will be and Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals on this amp anywhere?
No buzz. PHA-2A is dead silent

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #159 of 244
I've just asked Sony UK when they will be supplying the PHA-2A.

Their as expected vague reply was:-

In reference to enquiry about the Sony PHA-2A, please be advised that we do not have a confirmation yet when it will be supplied in the UK.

But at least it wasn't a straight, there are no plans to supply, so hopefully we might get a UK/EU version?

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #160 of 244
I've just asked Sony UK when they will be supplying the PHA-2A.

Their as expected vague reply was:-

In reference to enquiry about the Sony PHA-2A, please be advised that we do not have a confirmation yet when it will be supplied in the UK.

But at least it wasn't a straight, there are no plans to supply, so hopefully we might get a UK/EU version?

Or you could try US Amazon. I´ve bought mine from it to Germany.

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #161 of 244
Do you have an idea to buy another USB cable black, this cable that connects the DAC with the WM1A ?
Do you have a link to buy this piece ?
Thanks

Jan 21, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #163 of 244
This is my first ever post and Im as old as they come.I apologize if i have violated any rules with myreply. If I have done it right, my question is:Is the PHA-2A more powerful than the 1A?I am powering a new pair of HD 650's and find the volume insufficient to achieve the loudness I need. If not more powerful is there one for about $400 that would solve my problem. I am connecting to my laptop.
It should be a DAC/Amp.
Thanks folks.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #164 of 244
This is my first ever post and Im as old as they come.I apologize if i have violated any rules with myreply. If I have done it right, my question is:Is the PHA-2A more powerful than the 1A?I am powering a new pair of HD 650's and find the volume insufficient to achieve the loudness I need. If not more powerful is there one for about $400 that would solve my problem. I am connecting to my laptop.
It should be a DAC/Amp.
Thanks folks.

Are you running SE or Balance (the 3.5mm plug is SE, the larger one is Balance)? If you're running SE, going to a Balance Cable may solve your problem as the SE output is 100mW/Ch but the Balance output is 320mW/Ch.

https://www.amazon.com/Sukira-Balan...07&sr=8-1&keywords=hd650+balanced+cable+4.4mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back