3. 27 hour (FLAC 192kHz/24bit, NC ON)
  4. 30Hour(FLAC 192kHz/24bit NC OFF)
  5. 39 hour (MP3 128kbps, NC ON)
  6. 45Hour(MP3 128kbps, NC OFF)
OS = Sony, so no streaming Tidal
Nothing on output volume
Light: 98 Gram

Fiio X1 competitor?

I think it's to compete with the Cowon Plenue D.

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #19 of 2,453
  cowon plenue d does not have DSD playback... sony is better

"PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) converted content with the same warm sound of the DSD original."

It is not native DSD.

I'm already very satisfied by the Plenue D play FLAC 24bit / 192KHz.

And if only that define a DAP is better than the other...

You have to analyze the DAC used and amplification section. And if the case following with mediocre amplification of the A20 series, I very much doubt that the A30 is better than the Plenue D.

In addition the Plenue D is lighter and has a battery life twice as compared with A30.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #21 of 2,453
  So they have new models for the top line and update for the A30 series. 

Does that mean the middle tier section (ZX100) is dead? 

Perhaps.

But they can also launch later ZX200.

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #24 of 2,453
  That would be interesting. My guess so far is that the new A30 is a significant step up from existing
A10/20 series covering the middle tier and there will be no upgrade/replacement for the ZX100.

I hope so much that they'll upgrade the ZX100 too. Right now, with the new players having much better screens and new user interfaces, the ZX100 seems old very quickly now.
The A30 series are not what I expected though: more emphasis on flashy designs than the audio.

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #26 of 2,453

"PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) converted content with the same warm sound of the DSD original."

It is not native DSD.

I'm already very satisfied by the Plenue D play FLAC 24bit / 192KHz.

And if only that define a DAP is better than the other...

You have to analyze the DAC used and amplification section. And if the case following with mediocre amplification of the A20 series, I very much doubt that the A30 is better than the Plenue D.

In addition the Plenue D is lighter and has a battery life twice as compared with A30.

yes i know i had one ..i am comparing it to the ZX100 i have to my ears the ZX100 sounds better

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #27 of 2,453
  So they have new models for the top line and update for the A30 series. 

Does that mean the middle tier section (ZX100) is dead? 

Given the upgraded design and features on the A30 the price will get pretty close to the ZX100 so it may not be practical to have both.  Also Sony seems to be getting away from the ZX designation on their DAP's.  It appears the high end DAP's will start with WM and at least for now the lower end DAP's will stay A.

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #28 of 2,453
  The successor for the ZX2 looks to be the WM-NW1A

That is correct, Sony no longer wants to make android based DAP's so the ZX2 will stop being sold once the current market supply runs out. Then the WM-1A will officially take its place.

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #29 of 2,453
Spent the last couple of days watching the WM-1 forum and they are going crazy right now.  Personally the WM series is just to expensive and I am looking forward to seeing what Sony has done with the A30.  

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #30 of 2,453
  Spent the last couple of days watching the WM-1 forum and they are going crazy right now.  Personally the WM series is just to expensive and I am looking forward to seeing what Sony has done with the A30.  

I'm just hoping that it's a more realistic price for every day use.  I'm getting tired of the ipod touch 3rd gen (even though "it just works") and would like a change.  All the boutique players seem to have issues whether it be size, battery life, gui, format issues, gapless and so on.  If the a30 is £500 or under I reckon I will probably get one (black).  No way in hell I could justify what sony are asking for the wm1 no matter how good it sounds. Also looks like A-30 series could fly under the radar for a bit with the focus on the flagship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back