*New* Slim Style Dekoni Ear Pads for the HD800!
Nov 6, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #16 of 25
I had the Dekoni pads for my HD820 and they provided a more consistent fit and evened our some of the excess upper bass.

I can see them being fine for HD820. I still find the stock pads best for HD800 tonality wise. The Dekoni pads just removes too much bass, and I can't even revive it with EQ without making the bass become loose sounding.

Nov 6, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #18 of 25
Although I don't own a pair of HD800 headphones, I want to chime in here regarding this frequency chart, as I have seen this before from Dekoni, but the pads ended up offering MUCH different results, basically, exact opposite. How can this be explained? I have no idea, but maybe someone else with some Focal cans can back me up on this if they tried or use them.

So this frequency chart for their custom Stellia style pads for the Focal lineup showed massive drop in the low end, however, when using them they actually increased the low end very nicely compared to stock pads. They were my go to pads for my Focal Elex HPs. I love low end and probably what some, okay maybe most would consider exaggerated low end, so if a pad would have reduced it this significantly I would have hated them.

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dek...es-replacement-ear-pads-for-focal-headphones/

Again, I cant explain this but thought it might be relevant here. Will need some real world listening with these to get an actual idea of what they actually sound like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221106_135015_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20221106_135015_Brave.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 0
Nov 6, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #20 of 25
Make them Fat for better base

Nov 7, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #22 of 25
if you're going to make normal pads then it's fine , at least we don't have to deal with black snow from stock
but you don't have to try tuning it like drop did with 8xx lol

Dec 12, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #25 of 25
Although I don't own a pair of HD800 headphones, I want to chime in here regarding this frequency chart, as I have seen this before from Dekoni, but the pads ended up offering MUCH different results, basically, exact opposite. How can this be explained? I have no idea, but maybe someone else with some Focal cans can back me up on this if they tried or use them.

So this frequency chart for their custom Stellia style pads for the Focal lineup showed massive drop in the low end, however, when using them they actually increased the low end very nicely compared to stock pads. They were my go to pads for my Focal Elex HPs. I love low end and probably what some, okay maybe most would consider exaggerated low end, so if a pad would have reduced it this significantly I would have hated them.

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dek...es-replacement-ear-pads-for-focal-headphones/

Again, I cant explain this but thought it might be relevant here. Will need some real world listening with these to get an actual idea of what they actually sound like.

The oratory measurements of dekoni pads also show a huge drop in bass levels with HD800s. That was also my own experience, Dekoni pads just has less seal than original pads and I needed to boos the bass by 10-15db. The original pads seal pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back