New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Apr 29, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #183 of 1,045
PM me or email me (joe at head-fi dot org) and I'll get you straightened out.

Can you tell me what OS and browser you're using, as well as if you were in desktop or mobile mode? I'm trying to recreate the issue, and this information will help us out.

Hi Joe,

Woke up this morning and jumped on, and so far I've had now issues with what I was experiencing last night. I'm wondering if I was running the mobile version on my laptop. Doing so still creates the same issues.

I'm using my Chromebook with the most recent updates.

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #184 of 1,045
Also, still no luck getting to Head-Fi from my phone. It's been hit or miss since the new site has been up.

I'm also using Chrome for Android.

I can get there using the App from the Android web store. Is that the official app, or just a link that uses a different browser?

Thanks for all your hard work @joe

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #189 of 1,045
Also, still no luck getting to Head-Fi from my phone. It's been hit or miss since the new site has been up.

I'm also using Chrome for Android.

I can get there using the App from the Android web store. Is that the official app, or just a link that uses a different browser?

Thanks for all your hard work @joe

I'm not sure what app you're talking about. There is no official app for Head-Fi.

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #190 of 1,045
I'm not sure what app you're talking about. There is no official app for Head-Fi.

It's literally called the "Head-Fi Unofficial App". Rating 2.7 out of 5 stars, because it's just a link.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #192 of 1,045
For those asking how to do things like find your subscriptions or whatever, check the Tips thread in my sig. It's got a lot of info for some of the more common questions I've been seeing.

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #193 of 1,045
Getting a certificate error for the site

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #194 of 1,045
It looks like I am able to post on this thread now (I am not sure why the reply box did not show up until now), so I will repost what I had originally intended to post in this thread.

I am unable to post on the thread in the Feedback subforum (not sure why, but the reply box does not appear, and yes, I made sure I was logged in), so I will post here:

A LIST OF ISSUES (STILL A WORK IN PROCESS):
  • (Some parts seem to be restricted to the mobile version, but liking posts and switching to BBCode, for instance, has this error on both desktop and mobile views) While trying to mark PMs read, I get an "undefined security error occurred". I've read others have the same issue with liking posts, which also happens with me. This also occurs with many other widgets, i.e. attempting to go into the BBCode editor through the widget on the top-right hand side of the reply editor. Looks like some sort of jQuery bug.
    • Security errors also show up on the recently posted and activities section of all profile pages
  • (On the mobile version) Threads with >1000 pages have this:
    • IBxroQw.png
  • (On the mobile version) Buttons overlap with the navigation container
    • d1mvdyi.png
    • In fact, almost everything overlaps with the nav container. Easy enough to adjust the CSS property for that.
  • My login session times out after every 15 minutes. Think I've seen this complaint from others as well. I'm watching over my cookies so that I can confirm this happens, the next time it happens.
    • Update - seems to be a bit more intermittent than 15 minutes. Unable to find out why.
  • Preview overlays for the sticky sections of subforums are fixed-width. In the case of the Sound Science forum, the contents flow beyond the overlay. This seems to be more of a problem with the Sound Science's section, as it is not an issue for other subforums. I'm having trouble taking a screenshot, but will add it in later if I do succeed.
  • No way to strikethrough text with the Rich Text editor. I'd try to use the BBcode editor, but the widget still does not work.
  • People's personal information have been showing up inside that box. That includes birth date, age, and gender. I reckon it was something we had to fill in when initially signing up (it's been so long, I can't remember the signup process), but just never showed on our profiles on Huddler. Now that they've moved to Xenforo, all of this is public. I find it creepy and do hope that they remove it.
From @nick n:
  • No option to go to your last post (very helpful aside from searching within thread option)
  • More complete date stamp with time for posts
    • @TwinQY: will add that edit timestamps also lack the specific time on mobile
  • User selectable options section header font colours almost white in the account settings section (within the left sidebar links at Account Alerts ) impossible / too hard to see
  • Small stuff like the # of new posts popup in a thread / popup notification for new messages
  • Top and bottom of pages no longer have the depth-of-viewed-page-tree to avoid having to scroll way back up to renavigate (lazy yeah but it was good)

I found a couple of other things that should probably be edited in later.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #195 of 1,045
It's strange that you decide to update the entire website when it's only like 40% done.
No mobile at all. (Did you go backwards in time?)
I can't even access my settings at all to change notifications and such.
This should have been in beta for another couple of months at least. You shouldn't go live with a site until you have _at the very least_ the same functionality that you're already offering.
This is a classic case of form over function and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's not appreciating it.
You've taken away some very core functionality with seemingly no improvements other than some small design changes.

Sorry for being pissy but I've never seen anything like this before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back