New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Oct 9, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #708 of 1,045
Are you using that function on mobile or on desktop? On desktop, you can press "Enter" after typing the page number in. On iOS, you can press "Go" after typing in the page number. On Android, you can press the arrow in the lower right of the keyboard. On all platforms, you can click the small arrow to the right of the page number box. The X on the left closes the window, the arrow on the right will take you to that page. That's the universal option.

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 10.43.11 AM.png

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #711 of 1,045
Don't know if it's been mentioned. Pretty sure this is not an option yet..

In a private conversation, can it be made so that one jumps to the last message directly by clicking on the title of the PM, instead of having to click to the last page yourself? Would be a logical and very useful step especially for those conversing daily.

Edit: ofcourse ''sort by: (date)'' functionality that can be saved in preferences is one solution

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #713 of 1,045
I dont know if it’s been reported but, for me, on an ipad, the forums have problems at times, safari and chrome keep crashing. Continuous problem keeps happening or something to that effect error.

Also, when I scroll up or down, instead of seeing the forum page, at times I see a huge background pic of iem’s, which is from a tiny advert on head-fi’s homepage.

It’s a hires full screen pic of the campfire iem’s. When it’s not that ad, it’s the normal head-fi stars at night image instead.

It happened on ios 11 and 12.1 on my ipad air.

5F2435DF-7CC3-400A-A2E5-D12D95A87F08.png

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll add it to the list of changes to consider for future updates.

This is what happens on ios 12.1 ipad.

That is the Chord TT 2 Forum, it should be full of posts. It’s happened since the upgrade to xenforo, I think. I take it, that the pic below is meant to be the size of the ad in my post above. If it’s not that pic below, it’s usually a starry sky night background.

Cheers.

2C557E29-6214-407B-B696-A079D5DDA1C3.png

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #714 of 1,045
I dont know if it’s been reported but, for me, on an ipad, the forums have problems at times, safari and chrome keep crashing. Continuous problem keeps happening or something to that effect error.

Also, when I scroll up or down, instead of seeing the forum page, at times I see a huge background pic of iem’s, which is from a tiny advert on head-fi’s homepage.

It’s a hires full screen pic of the campfire iem’s. When it’s not that ad, it’s the normal head-fi stars at night image instead.

It happened on ios 11 and 12.1 on my ipad air.

This is what happens on ios 12.1 ipad.

That is the Chord TT 2 Forum, it should be full of posts. It’s happened since the upgrade to xenforo, I think. I take it, that the pic below is meant to be the size of the ad in my post above. If it’s not that pic below, it’s usually a starry sky night background.

Cheers.

We've been trying to recreate what you're seeing and we haven't been able to do so what. It looks like you're running Safari on your iPad. Are you using any Safari plugins? Which iPad model are you using? If we can get the specifics on your device and potentially duplicate them on our end, we might be able to experience the same issue.

Nov 6, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #715 of 1,045
Ipad air, not air 2, no plugins and ios 12.1 the latest.

In logs it says ipad 4.2, but it’s just Air, 128gb cellular version.

It could possibly just be my ipad glitching out whilst scrolling up and down ? I don’t see it all the time, just at times when there is heavy traffic, or it seems like it’s heavy traffic, and then it makes the website go all funky on my ipad and causes me to see what I showed above, but it has been happening for ages, usually just the night background pic.

I can’t recall if it does it on my iphone as I never use it to surf the forums, but it doesn’t do it on my pc. Which would either point to ios or my ipad, if other ipads are all good, then it’s probably mine as ios 11 kicked it to death and ios 12 gave it cpr which gave it another 6 months of life. If headfi want to give me a new ipad to test if its still happening, sure, I will easily accpet a new ipad pro, you can claim it back off your taxes, something to do with donations or something. :)

Nov 6, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #716 of 1,045
We have that same iPad model in-house (Air, A1475) and we'll continue to try to recreate it. This is just a guess since we haven't seen it ourselves yet, but from that screenshot it looks like content on the page may not have loaded properly. You mentioned that it happens when you're scrolling. Does the top of the page load completely, then it hangs when you scroll down?

iOS 12 seems to have been kind to older devices. My aging iPad Mini got a second wind after the update. Admittedly I don't browse Head-Fi on my Mini all that often, but I'll give it a shot tonight to see if I can recreate it on there too.

Nov 8, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #717 of 1,045
Hello Admin Friends ...
Thanks for doing what you do! We all appreciate it.

The only request I have is - the ability to edit a PM once I've sent it.
It's part of being old & in the way ... trying to be too fast ... making mistakes and pressing "post."
At times, the PM is really screwed up and I would like to change it.

Would this ability be a possibility on the new platform?

Thanks and kind regards,
RCBinTN

Nov 10, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #719 of 1,045
Thank you for the suggestion. We've had that topic come up previously, and after we discussed it in the office we came to the decision that we won't be enabling editing in private messages. If you need to make corrections to a PM, I'm sure the other party will be understanding if you have to send a follow-up message.

Thank you and the Team for considering my request and for notifying me about your decision.
As my PM's are all friendly ones, of course the other parties understand and accept updated messages.
It just makes me look sloppy and I prefer to lean more towards neat & tidy :)

Cheers,
RCBinTN

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #720 of 1,045
We have that same iPad model in-house (Air, A1475) and we'll continue to try to recreate it. This is just a guess since we haven't seen it ourselves yet, but from that screenshot it looks like content on the page may not have loaded properly. You mentioned that it happens when you're scrolling. Does the top of the page load completely, then it hangs when you scroll down?

iOS 12 seems to have been kind to older devices. My aging iPad Mini got a second wind after the update. Admittedly I don't browse Head-Fi on my Mini all that often, but I'll give it a shot tonight to see if I can recreate it on there too.

Yes, the top of the page loads and when I scroll down that problem happens. Sometimes when scrolling down after reading a few of the top posts, it will just be a white blank screen, as the posts havent yet loaded.

But the problem isn’t that some posts at the top have loaded and the ones further down haven’t, no it also does it on a fully loaded page and also on a non fully loaded page.

Now that I think about it, it’s very possible that it’s due to a lack of resources on my ipad, as thats the feeling I get. Scrolling and then a few seconds glitch for the ipad and it’s gpu to catch up.

I would put money on it being resource related on my ipad, especially since it can’t be replicated at your end.

When i nuke this ipad, i will try again and see whats up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back