New Shure IEM
May 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #16 of 204
Quote:
well its not a bad connector, but personally i found thart over time the swivel has too much swivel causing shorts in the sound.

now you could atribute this to trying out different removeable cables and the headphone connection becoming loose. but still this just shouldnt happen for headphones or iems this expensive.

Hm, I've had the UE 900 since October (2012).  I don't know if this is enough time, but I haven't had too many shorts/cuts.  I have used IEMs with the standard 2-pin cable (Westone W4R, Heir Audio 3.Ai/4.Ai, Aurisonics ASG-1/ASG-1.2), as well as Phonak's proprietary connector (PFE232).  Haven't had any real problems with any. 

May 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #17 of 204
Quote:
well its not a bad connector, but personally i found thart over time the swivel has too much swivel causing shorts in the sound. i found when the swivel swivels too much and then it causes shorts, you need to take the earpiece off the connector and reconnect it and the swivel gets tighter.

The problem with sound dropping out or what you refer to as "shorts" is due to the connectors needing cleaning; I have to clean mine about every four months. Once cleaned, no amount of swiveling will cause the drop out or "short" ...

Toothpick, napkin and alcohol is all you need to solve the dirty connector problem.

Otherwise, I'm super curious about these as well...

May 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 204
Quote:

The problem with sound dropping out or what you refer to as "shorts" is due to the connectors needing cleaning; I have to clean mine about every four months. Once cleaned, no amount of swiveling will cause the drop out or "short" ...

Toothpick, napkin and alcohol is all you need to solve the dirty connector problem.

Otherwise, I'm super curious about these as well...

oh believe me i cleaned my connectors......still had this issue. im extremely anal about my audio stuff. im ocd with it you could say lol. no dirt ever seen my iems, but i still clean my connections.

May 3, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #25 of 204
Quote:
If Shure is smart, they will not do a 4 BA as everyone else. They will go dynamic or hybrid or something else entirely.

4BA as everyone else, i thought everyone else is doing hybrid these days :p

When i heard about new Shure stuff, i was hoping for a complete revamp of the line and maybe a new model at the top. This seems to just be a new flagship. Even with 4 BA i think we can still expect something different to the rest if they stick to Shures house sound!

May 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #28 of 204
Quote:
I hope that these are up to the standard of Westone 4s and Earsonics SM64s. 

Better than the W4 i should hope, i think the levels in IEMs has moved on from them a bit.

May 3, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #29 of 204
I really doubt Shure will go for D-TEC+TWFK combo, which is obvious choice for 4BA IEM. Remember that Shure doesn't have 3way model in its lineup. So basically any triple driver with 3way crossover could be called "flagship" in shure's lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back