Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
May 10, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #737 of 2,442
tempImagexfb25n.jpg

A105, R5, M3x

tempImageuIHncs.jpg

Added M11 Pro for comparison.
That's really a eye opener! Didn't think the M3X is so noticeably bigger than R5!

May 10, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #738 of 2,442
That's really a eye opener! Didn't think the M3X is so noticeably bigger than R5!
As large the M8. I think the most pocketable DAP is the ZX507.

May 10, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #739 of 2,442
As large the M8. I think the most pocketable DAP is the ZX507.
Couldn't resist. ZX507 in middle. Yes, I have too many DAPs. I blame COVID.

Left to right:

Sony A105, Hiby R5, Sony ZX507, Shanling M3x and FiiO M11 Pro

tempImage4JP5XZ.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #741 of 2,442
Couldn't resist. ZX507 in middle. Yes, I have too many DAPs. I blame COVID.

tempImage4JP5XZ.jpg
M3X does not look pockatable at all. A solid chunk.

May 10, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #742 of 2,442
M3X does not look pockatable at all. A solid chunk.
I find the M3X the most pocketable DAP I've owned. Its a little wider but at 168 g it feels feather light and there's very little downward pull in what ever pocket I put it in because of that. I've got a medium sized hand (medium glove fits perfectly) and I dont find this device unwieldy at all. I've been nothing but positively impressed with sound it produces. I really mean this, it goes head to head with with many far more expensive DAPS. I've ordered the Lotoo PAW6000 and iit's stuck in shipping so I haven't even heard it yet and am seriously considering selling it when it arrives to use the money for something else. That's how happy I am with this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_20210510_082139.jpg
    IMG_20210510_082139.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #743 of 2,442
Hi, thanks for the pictures! Tell please, what is better ? Sony Nw-Zx507 or new Shanling M3X ? Im Sony fan boy, got my NW-A45 and i want to upgrade. But ZX-507 is to expensive for me, and shanling m3x is very interesting option.

If I had to choose, I would keep the Sony ZX507 which I pair with IER-M9 IEMs for critical listening, but it really depends on what you are looking for. The bang for the buck is much better with the M3x at half the price. Be aware that the Sony Android DAPs have terrible battery life compared to NW-A45.

May 10, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #744 of 2,442
I find the M3X the most pocketable DAP I've owned. Its a little wider but at 168 g it feels feather light and there's very little downward pull in what ever pocket I put it in because of that. I've got a medium sized hand (medium glove fits perfectly) and I dont find this device unwieldy at all. I've been nothing but positively impressed with sound it produces. I really mean this, it goes head to head with with many far more expensive DAPS. I've ordered the Lotoo PAW6000 and iit's stuck in shipping so I haven't even heard it yet and am seriously considering selling it when it arrives to use the money for something else. That's how happy I am with this thing.

Agree, size is bigger on Shanling but the R5 weighs almost exactly the same so they feel similar in-pocket.

Edit:
I would add that the Sony ZX507 is also the same weight, all 3 are between 160-170 grams.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #745 of 2,442
Hi guys, in case you're looking for... a good rigid case... here a good candidate that fits well enough with the M3X + its nice leather case. Still a bit of free room on the top and bottom (2 cm in total), otherwise it's perfect. It closes with a small pressure due to the small bumps in the case, but nothing hard enough to damage anything. Here the link from the French Amazon store, but I guess you can find it — at least — on AZ.com as well: UGREEN_Case_Link

M3X_CaseUGREEN.png

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #746 of 2,442
If I had to choose, I would keep the Sony ZX507 which I pair with IER-M9 IEMs for critical listening, but it really depends on what you are looking for. The bang for the buck is much better with the M3x at half the price. Be aware that the Sony Android DAPs have terrible battery life compared to NW-A45.
Thank you! Yes, and that's pretty sad, M3X has a much better battery life.
I can’t decide yet. but charging every day is also not what I want.

May 10, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #747 of 2,442
Widebody, like those custom JDM cars. I think I'll take the R5S over it, I like compactness when it comes to DAP.

By the way, nice Omega watch.

May 10, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #748 of 2,442
Thank you! Yes, and that's pretty sad, M3X has a much better battery life.
I can’t decide yet. but charging every day is also not what I want.

When streaming high resolution with the ZX507, expect only 5-6 hours of battery at best. It's really pretty bad.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #750 of 2,442
Widebody, like those custom JDM cars. I think I'll take the R5S over it, I like compactness when it comes to DAP.

By the way, nice Omega watch.
:ksc75smile: Yeah, another sick, out of control hobby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back