Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Apr 23, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #421 of 6,413
I think I would be more inclined to believe the manufacturer than the seller in all honesty.

You can believe them both! Shanling said that the resellers will put it on Amazon. So if that seller (again, the one that Shanling said will put it in Amazon) says they're not going to be doing it for a while, then they're probably not going to be up on Amazon for a while.

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #422 of 6,413
Must admit that you have me confused. Shanling will lose a sale because their distributor will not be selling the product on Amazon for some amount of time after its initial release. Does wording it that way make it clearer what I mean?

"Shanling" doesn't lose a sale. AFAIK Shanling does not sell directly to the US market, they have dealers and distributors for that. It's entirely up to those dealers/distributors to sell on various online outlets if they choose to do so. Shanling would already have sold units directly to those dealers at dealership pricing, it's not done on a consignment basis...so Shanling isn't losing any sales.

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #423 of 6,413
You can believe them both! Shanling said that the resellers will put it on Amazon. So if that seller (again, the one that Shanling said will put it in Amazon) says they're not going to be doing it for a while, then they're probably not going to be up on Amazon for a while.
When did Shanling say the resellers would put it on Amazon? They just said the two American distributors. I was the one who emailed Musictek and asked about Amazon availability.

A little bummed because I also get 5% cashback on Amazon. Every little bit helps. :)

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #424 of 6,413
When did Shanling say the resellers would put it on Amazon? They just said the two American distributors. I was the one who emailed Musictek and asked about Amazon availability.

A little bummed because I also get 5% cashback on Amazon. Every little bit helps. :)
Bro, I know the feeling. If I weren't so impatient this wouldn't be an issue ROFL.

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #425 of 6,413
I'm probably going to wait for prime availability, but then again if the extra shipping cost isn't bad, I'll justify that in seconds.

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #426 of 6,413
I'm probably going to wait for prime availability, but then again if the extra shipping cost isn't bad, I'll justify that in seconds.
If you pre-order from JabenSG, I think it's like @$120 USD shipped, you basically get the M0 and a set of BT headphones, not bad IMO.

Personally I'm trying to hold off because the M0 is a luxury item for me since I have the M1 and AP200 already...lol

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #427 of 6,413
I'm using M1 & Opus 1 currently, but I would not pass up something even smaller as I still sometimes use my old Clips due to the size.

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #428 of 6,413
Shanling's loss then. I wouldn't pay for shipping when the company offers other items on Amazon with free Prime shipping. The $99 price point does make for a very competitive price though.

Sometimes Musiktek has free shipping and usually they get shanling stock on Amazon pretty quick.

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #430 of 6,413

OK, I will bite. How do you get 5% back on Amazon?

Apr 23, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #433 of 6,413
It's decision of our dealers/distributors in which way they want to offer our products. We can only encourage them to put it on the channels, that will be the most effective.

I understand people in USA has quite unique shopping culture due to Amazon(as does Chinese with Taobao). And while Amazon listing always brings some drawbacks to the seller, Shanling products in past always showed up there and I'm sure M0 will be the same, sooner or later.

Say, I took a look at the leather case on the MusicTech website.

Does that come with an arm-band like the M1? That would be cool.

No, for M0, it's simply a case. Due to size of M0, we couldn't use the design from M1, since it was too big.
For the use as armband, you will need to wait a little for our clip case.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 23, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #434 of 6,413
What ghost said about the discount. I buy as much as I can through Amazon.

And they make wristband wallets as a temporary way to use the M0 while running and such. Trying to find something even narrower. The armband I have for swimming with my Clip is pretty bulky. And you could always glue a clip onto the back of the leather case.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #435 of 6,413
Considering the M0 has a newer gen DAC chip inside, I want to try it out with some of my desktop amps.
I usually use the line-out on my current DAP, but for the M0 should I just use it on max volume output?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back