Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Apr 30, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #452 of 6,418
a question: in addition to the case, do you also think about a protective film for the screen?
@Shanling - I hope you plan on including a screen protector, and pre-apply it (as it is a big PITA to do it perfectly and without air bubbles)...

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #453 of 6,418
@Shanling - I hope you plan on including a screen protector, and pre-apply it (as it is a big PITA to do it perfectly and without air bubbles)...
The curved glass may be a problem. I've never seen anything other than urethane films successfully applied to a curved screen. (And they are the absolute worst type of protectors to install without getting dust or bubbles underneath!)

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #454 of 6,418
The curved glass may be a problem. I've never seen anything other than urethane films successfully applied to a curved screen. (And they are the absolute worst type of protectors to install without getting dust or bubbles underneath!)
Hopefully, @Shanling would do the right thing for us - I plan to get one in RED, once available in the USA.

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #456 of 6,418
I've got a PhantomSkinz wet-apply film on my V30 and love it. But the front screen section was a giant PITA and took me three attempts to get right (destroying three skins in the process). Of course, my skill level at these things may not be very high.

The only other option I've seen for curved glass are protectors that only cover the flat area of the screen. They look awful (IMHO) and dust tends to accumulate under the edges. It would be great for Shanling to include a film pre-installed, but I'd feel a bit guilty asking. The entire price of the M0 isn't all that much more than you'd pay for one of the more expensive tempered glass protectors for a phone. I'm still amazed they've managed to pack so much tech into something so affordable. Still, my guilt may evaporate once our governments tariffs on Chinese imports kick-in... :wink:

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #457 of 6,418
It says available end of April/early May on the first page?
I just passed along the info from the email they sent me:

“We are contacting you with regards to your Shaling M0 pre-order purchase. The manufacturer has just confirmed that the release date will finally be delayed until the end of May.

This is because Shanling's tech team want to make sure, before shipping internationally, that there are no issues with the first batch that will be entirely destined for Chinese market. Please note that this is a delay at a global level not only for Europe or Spain.”

Found a real photo of the purple one on Tellement Nomade, also other photos:
http://www.tellementnomade.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=20178&start=30

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #458 of 6,418
I've got a PhantomSkinz wet-apply film on my V30 and love it. But the front screen section was a giant PITA and took me three attempts to get right (destroying three skins in the process). Of course, my skill level at these things may not be very high.

The only other option I've seen for curved glass are protectors that only cover the flat area of the screen. They look awful (IMHO) and dust tends to accumulate under the edges. It would be great for Shanling to include a film pre-installed, but I'd feel a bit guilty asking. The entire price of the M0 isn't all that much more than you'd pay for one of the more expensive tempered glass protectors for a phone. I'm still amazed they've managed to pack so much tech into something so affordable. Still, my guilt may evaporate once our governments tariffs on Chinese imports kick-in... :wink:
You'd be surprised how little $$ it adds for Shanling to add those and pre-apply them!
I do not feel guilty at all, asking for that... :smiling_imp:

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #459 of 6,418
I just passed along the info from the email they sent me:

“We are contacting you with regards to your Shaling M0 pre-order purchase. The manufacturer has just confirmed that the release date will finally be delayed until the end of May.

This is because Shanling's tech team want to make sure, before shipping internationally, that there are no issues with the first batch that will be entirely destined for Chinese market. Please note that this is a delay at a global level not only for Europe or Spain.”

Found a real photo of the purple one on Tellement Nomade, also other photos:
http://www.tellementnomade.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=20178&start=30

differences between Chinese and international version?
Only the languages supported or other differences ??

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #461 of 6,418
differences between Chinese and international version?
Only the languages supported or other differences ??
If it's anything like the R6 there will probably be differences to the firmware versions used.

May 1, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #463 of 6,418
I will consider this once its available in china, i can just use this as cheap and nasty DAP.

May 1, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #465 of 6,418
It's already available from taobao.com. In fact I received mine yesterday.
Thanks for the heads up, I will be in china in the next few days, I want to see the actual unit first. Does it have English selectable. what color did you get, I was thinking of the purple or red.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back