New Sennheiser PX-100/200 IIs
Sep 2, 2009 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

jinp6301

Headphoneus Supremus
Sep 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 72
Very nice. I almost wasn't sure if Sennheiser was going to update the PX series considering they already have newer portables in the HD2x8 range. Remains to be seen if there are any sonic improvements, but I'm liking the single-sided cable and the designs, particularly the PX200-II.

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnullify /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im definitely going to have to buy a px100-II, to replace my px100 which has a loose connector...

wonder if they're going to be the same retail price.

Same here
smily_headphones1.gif
Initially I was going to get some cans I haven't owned before but am encountering difficulty finding something in the same price range with comparable SQ to my 5+ year old PX100 - the connector is loose (though still usable it not moving around). The pads have been replaced several times but the padding on the headband is also disintegrating.

Hopefully the new PX100 will be easier to drive as the old one wasn't the easiest portable cans to drive and my Creative ZVM had problems driving them to decent volume.

Maybe I should just wait a little while then.

Sep 2, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 72
Sweet. I got rid of my PX100 because they had too much bass for my taste and stuck with my KSC75. I might give these a try and see if I will like them more since I love how they fold into the case
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 72
Ok, am I alone in thinking that the PX100s are ugliest, most generic looking headphones on the market?

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #12 of 72
The unassuming design makes them less prone to theft.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit the inline attenuator is a no-no!

I missed that, but fortunately it's only on the PX200-II. Naturally, I'm more interested in the PX100-II, unless the sound quality on the PX200-II is improved to the point that it's actually better than its cheaper sibling.
redface.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #13 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks can be deceiving my friend. Would you like all flash and no substance or the other way around?

+1. Substance over looks any day as long as the looks are not shockingly bad. I find the PX100s highly wearable in public due to the fact that they are so nondescript. Plus, the PX100s don't feel like $5 headphones. The Sennheiser build quality is all there.

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #15 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadaiyappan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No I wouldn't. But there is no way I would wear those in public.

Really? People compliment me on how my PX-100 looks quite often.
tongue.gif

But then again, I like the "generic" look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back