New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jul 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #421 of 9,484
Quote:
Another interesting DAC to throw into the mix is the MSB Analog DAC, it's been receiving quite a bit of acclaim.

Except for the fact that it costs 3.5x of the Ygg 
frown.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #422 of 9,484
Except for the fact that it costs 3.5x of the Ygg 
frown.gif

True, but some reviewers say that they liked it more than the emm labs dac2x, at around 15K is more than twice as expensive, that's impressive! Some people also have said that they like the analog dac more than the vega, saying that the msb sounded overall more natural etc

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #424 of 9,484
Quote:
Im in the exact same boat as you, I know that i really like the Master 7, but I think I have to wait and see how the Yggdrasil is received before I can jump on one. Too much potential for greatness there I think. The only other dac in contention is the Vega, and honestly I think it would lose to the Master 7, so it's not really that in contention, it's just gotten nothing but great reviews. Not that the master 7 has any professional reviews at all.

The other problem is that Kingwa might run out of 1704 chips for the Master 7...then I'd be Schiit out of luck...so I may end up getting a Master 7 first afterall!

Exactly!  The clock is ticking on those PCM1704 chips, and I don't know how close Kingwa is to the end of his hoard.  I'd hate to think of the Master 7 as an interim piece; if I pulled the trigger on capturing this evolved R2R topology, I think that Jason's would end on the Schiit end of the stick.  There's got to be a bottom to all this elusive SQ chasing.

If only he'd hint what kind of D/A metholology he's implementing.  I have great hopes in the FPGA topology, meself.  As long as it isn't yet another delta-sigma contender...  

EDIT:  Jason did say that it was to be no upsampling DAC.  Doesn't that drive it toward a multi-bit ladder conversion type circuit design?  The MSB Analog DAC is discrete R2R as well, if I read it right.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #425 of 9,484
Dearest Jason:

Please set the Statement gear apart from the rest of the lineup by having a BLACK option for both pieces. I will buy both if you do.

Desiring black Schiit,

-Daniel

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #428 of 9,484
Jul 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #430 of 9,484
My family calls it 'Oreo butt'. Blacker than black-truly a phenomenal phenomena. But seriously Jason-I NEED a black one! Set them apart from the rest of your lesser Schiit. (I just bought a MJ btw to help persuade you.)
L3000.gif

-Daniel

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #433 of 9,484
I prefer black as well.  But it would have to be a polished style which would add quite a bit breaking the Schiit mantra of paying for performance not case work and part selection.  If you only need the can amp, get the Mjolnir.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back