New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jul 29, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #8,401 of 9,484
I got mine months ago and haven't even gotten around to plugging it in yet
rolleyes.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #8,402 of 9,484
I ordered a Yggy on the beginning of July. At that time it showed to be shipping on the end of this month. However, I received a notification yesterday that they are still experiencing part delays and the most recent estimate for parts which they received places the Yggdrasil as not resuming shipping until the end of the third week of August. 

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #8,404 of 9,484

I should say not because I don't want to or don't have the time, but because I am building an endgame system and I couldn't afford to buy all the gear at once. So essentially no amp to use it with yet, though I have a Liquid Carbon coming next month, but that won't be staying long - if I like it I might pick up a LAu.

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #8,407 of 9,484
I should say not because I don't want to or don't have the time, but because I am building an endgame system and I couldn't afford to buy all the gear at once. So essentially no amp to use it with yet, though I have a Liquid Carbon coming next month, but that won't be staying long - if I like it I might pick up a LAu.

At least power it up now, so it will be nice and fully warmed up for when your amp arrives. :)

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #8,409 of 9,484
At least power it up now, so it will be nice and fully warmed up for when your amp arrives.
smily_headphones1.gif

Probably won't be until Christmas, no use in paying for 5 months of unused electricity. Plus I want to see if the burn-in is for real, I kind of get the feeling people around here a little bit fanatical and I'm not much of a believer of burn in myself, it's usually very subtle differences at best that I am able to notice.

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #8,410 of 9,484
  How does ordering work with PayPal credit? would Schiit charged in advance as well? or just holding the fund?

In my experience, the PayPal authorizations last about a month. I used this for one of the kilobuck Schiit products (forget if it was Ragnarok or Yggdrasil) that expired; Schiit reached out and asked for updated payment information and everything worked out.

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #8,411 of 9,484
can't handle the temptation anymore..got in line.

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #8,412 of 9,484

I know I've done this to you before, I'm sorry I just have quite a good memory lol. Weren't you gonna try tubes? Or are you building both SS and tubes systems?

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #8,413 of 9,484
Yeah that's my ultimate goal. I've been set on the studio six for a while but I'm also considering the LAu. The liquid carbon will be a preview of the cavalli sound to see if that's the direction I might want to go instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back