New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jul 28, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #8,371 of 9,484
Is that based on any specific knowledge?  Or just  what's been posted over at the LC thread.  

Oh, and i don't have to sweat when the Yggy arrives, it wouldn't fit in my Christmas stocking so Santa took it back.

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #8,372 of 9,484
  Is that based on any specific knowledge?  Or just  what's been posted over at the LC thread.  

Oh, and i don't have to sweat when the Yggy arrives, it wouldn't fit in my Christmas stocking so Santa took it back.

Based on best guess ... I guess.

Since Yggy has been pushed a couple of times due to parts delay and LC still seems on time according to the good Dr. But I am still holding out on the hope that both arrive together ... :D

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #8,373 of 9,484
This evening, I met Jason and Denise to discuss the upcoming Schiit Show, which will introduce new Schiit products that Jase and I have been working on. I have been in my R&D happy place for the last few months. I was also suffering from an apparent delusion that the Yggdrasil was really turned over to a production machine that could produce many of them, indeed routine production. After all, they did it when I husbanded the first run this spring, didn't they? Rather than discuss the Schiit Show, I heard from Jason that there had been sent a bulk email to all Yggy backorder holders that we screw*d the pooch for yet another month or so on delivery. I am pissed – this makes me look like a buffoon. I take this personally. I have designed and turned over to production many audio products in the last several decades, and the expectation that they can be scheduled and built repeatedly in new runs has been routine and uncomplicated. As many head-fi readers may recall, upon completion of the Yggy production protos, I reported and detailed the first run production progress, as well as accurately predicted the production availability.

Granted, the Yggy has some complications:

1. It has seven screw**g pcbs, all of which must be completed before the fact of final assembly.

2. It uses many industrial grade parts that are designed for expensive products built by the dozen, rather than by the several hundred.

3. It is full of audiopile grade caps which are 24-30 week delivery time.

4. Probably other stuff which like the above, are really only excuses. If you are going to be a big boy and build such Schiit, you live with the above – tough.

So let me take this opportunity to personally apologize to everyone on the backorder list. This flows up to me – it is my product. The bottom line is that you have all been lied to, whatever the intentions. I know, I know – you still do not have your Yggys. If I were you, I would not believe a single word re delivery times from Schiit, and God Damn it I am sorry. You deserve better.

Here is my plan to start to take care of this. I will send this dispatch to several places: Every Schiit Employee, whether he has anything to do with Yggy or not, all key personnel and the president of our assembly house, and finally, I will post this in two appropriate threads on headfi.

I am now on this and will investigate and report on headfi what is really happening, just as I did on the pilot run. This is probably the result of somebody believing something that they wanted to hear, which has spiraled down to this serious current situation. Regardless, the only way to restore confidence is truth, rather than PR or ********.

Finally, I will put in place a way to make sure this does not happen again. I hope that you will give me this chance to set it straight.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 29, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #8,375 of 9,484
Yes Mike is part of Schiit. Is he - because of this - not allowed to be p___ed at the situation? More to the point, sounds like he means to do something about it, which is terrific.

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #8,378 of 9,484
Mike,
Thank you for the update and your honesty.

I work in the smart card industry and know all to well the delays that can occur in securing timely shipments of chip modules from the FAB's.
(Sometimes it's like playing air-traffic controller!)

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to the Yggdrasil once it does arrive
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 29, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #8,379 of 9,484
  Yes Mike is part of Schiit. Is he - because of this - not allowed to be p___ed at the situation? 

But how did he not know about the production delays? He makes it sound like he went into an evening meeting expecting to discuss the upcoming Schiit show after doing R&D for the last few months, and got blindsided by the knowledge that the Yggy production was FAR behind schedule. At a minimum, Mike's post indicates Schiit has communication issues between the design and production teams.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #8,380 of 9,484
That's not what I inferred from his email.

To me it sounded like he was aware of the delay, and was looking into why it happened in the first place,

"This is probably the result of somebody believing something that they wanted to hear, which has spiraled down to this serious current situation."

Sounds like to me that a schiit employee was promised something (componetnes etc) in a certain time and the supplier didnt deliver. Which built up into the 2nd delay.

Sounds like Mike is pissed off that things Got this far and doing what he can to find out how things got to this point and ensure it does not happen again in the future.

Having a company of my own, i know sometimes it can just take 1 key person to "schiit" up that causes a slew of other problems.
Satisfactory response to me personally.
I await my Yggy.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #8,381 of 9,484
Accountability.  Something that is rare - if it ever happens at all - in corporate America.  Another thing I like about Schiit: they don't dance to corporate ass-covering tunes.  They have the balls to be straight with the customer base.  Thank you Mr. Moffat.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #8,382 of 9,484
I'm quite surprised to see this, I've compared the HugoTT to the yggy and to my ears the Yggy wins miles ahead, are you sure the 2qute is in the same league??

Nahh..i am not talking about SQ. I have to order the product so that my friend in US takes it with him when he comes to India next month. Either, i order now or wait for a year for my next trip to US. Direct import attracts lot of customs duty here.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #8,383 of 9,484
  This evening, I met Jason and Denise to discuss the upcoming Schiit Show, which will introduce new Schiit products that Jase and I have been working on. I have been in my R&D happy place for the last few months. I was also suffering from an apparent delusion that the Yggdrasil was really turned over to a production machine that could produce many of them, indeed routine production. After all, they did it when I husbanded the first run this spring, didn't they? Rather than discuss the Schiit Show, I heard from Jason that there had been sent a bulk email to all Yggy backorder holders that we screw*d the pooch for yet another month or so on delivery. I am pissed – this makes me look like a buffoon. I take this personally. I have designed and turned over to production many audio products in the last several decades, and the expectation that they can be scheduled and built repeatedly in new runs has been routine and uncomplicated. As many head-fi readers may recall, upon completion of the Yggy production protos, I reported and detailed the first run production progress, as well as accurately predicted the production availability.

So let me take this opportunity to personally apologize to everyone on the backorder list. This flows up to me – it is my product. The bottom line is that you have all been lied to, whatever the intentions. I know, I know – you still do not have your Yggys. If I were you, I would not believe a single word re delivery times from Schiit, and God Damn it I am sorry. You deserve better.

Finally, I will put in place a way to make sure this does not happen again. I hope that you will give me this chance to set it straight.

Mike,

Having read Jason's book and blog posts it is pretty clear that product introductions, launch dates and deadlines are not necessarily Schiit's strong point. While perhaps unfortunate, this isn't the end of the world. You guys set aggressive deadlines and sometimes fail to meet them. It happens.

Schiit's strong point is making great sounding gear at an affordable price. Good value is worth waiting for.

As someone in the Yggy "line", I can be patient and wait for you to get it right. Please take all the time you need. I think most of us would rather you get things correct than rush anything.

Its not like you've already charged us and are holding our money.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #8,384 of 9,484

Granted, the Yggy has some complications:

1. It has seven screw**g pcbs, all of which must be completed before the fact of final assembly.

2. It uses many industrial grade parts that are designed for expensive products built by the dozen, rather than by the several hundred.

3. It is full of audiopile grade caps which are 24-30 week delivery time.

4. Probably other stuff which like the above, are really only excuses. If you are going to be a big boy and build such Schiit, you live with the above – tough.

Here is my plan to start to take care of this. I will send this dispatch to several places: Every Schiit Employee, whether he has anything to do with Yggy or not, all key personnel and the president of our assembly house, and finally, I will post this in two appropriate threads on headfi.

I am now on this and will investigate and report on headfi what is really happening, just as I did on the pilot run. This is probably the result of somebody believing something that they wanted to hear, which has spiraled down to this serious current situation. Regardless, the only way to restore confidence is truth, rather than PR or ********.

Does Baldr need saving? time for the birth of Hermodr? A milti-bit Gungnir that uses a readily available AKM DAC? in 9 days?

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herm%C3%B3%C3%B0r

...reading norse mythology in preparation for schiit show lol

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #8,385 of 9,484

Mike,

Having read Jason's book and blog posts it is pretty clear that product introductions, launch dates and deadlines are not necessarily Schiit's strong point. While perhaps unfortunate, this isn't the end of the world. You guys set aggressive deadlines and sometimes fail to meet them. It happens.

Schiit's strong point is making great sounding gear at an affordable price. Good value is worth waiting for.

As someone in the Yggy "line", I can be patient and wait for you to get it right. Please take all the time you need. I think most of us would rather you get things correct than rush anything.

Its not like you've already charged us and are holding our money.

The Schiit-Europe distributor has charged in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back