New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Dec 1, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #9,301 of 9,484

By the way, I put my old (not a year) Wywires Blue balanced interconnects up for sale on our cable  for sale forum if any of you are interested. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #9,302 of 9,484
Is it safe to stack the Rag and Yggy on top of each other? If yes, which one is better on top?

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #9,303 of 9,484
While the rag is far from the hottest amp I've encountered I think it best to let it breathe. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #9,304 of 9,484
Ragg on top please!!!! Also, Yiggy is to be left on 24/7.

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #9,307 of 9,484
No, I wouldn't. It uses like 75W idling.

Just read the manual and it does say that Schiit recommends the amp to be powered down if not in use. I rememeber reading somewhere where it said that warmping up the Rag brings out the best in it. Any idea how long it takes for the Rag to reach full potential after powering on?

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #9,308 of 9,484
Just read the manual and it does say that Schiit recommends the amp to be powered down if not in use. I rememeber reading somewhere where it said that warmping up the Rag brings out the best in it. Any idea how long it takes for the Rag to reach full potential after powering on?

It is only the yggy that's recommended to be left on. I would say about 30 minutes for the Rag.

Though nowadays personally I leave both on 24/7 because I can't be arsed to reach the back of the cabinet and hit the switch.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #9,309 of 9,484
It is only the yggy that's recommended to be left on. I would say about 30 minutes for the Rag.

Though nowadays personally I leave both on 24/7 because I can't be arsed to reach the back of the cabinet and hit the switch.

I dont pay for electricity so that doesnt bother me, but Im wondering if theres a safety risk or something if I leave the Rag on.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #9,310 of 9,484
I've had mine on for over a year now (minus a short power outage during a storm) no issues to worry about except possible addiction and inability to complete day to day tasks like eating/sleeping, etc. other than that, no issues :)

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #9,312 of 9,484
To my knowledge, the preamp output is always on when driving speakers. I use my preamp output to drive a subwoofer and it's always there.

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #9,313 of 9,484
There is a way to run the different outputs, either individually or together. Its a button combination that you use to move through the options. The way to do it is in the manual.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #9,315 of 9,484
Thank you for the replies!!

Quote:
  To my knowledge, the preamp output is always on when driving speakers. I use my preamp output to drive a subwoofer and it's always there.

Hmm.. I'll have to try it again. I may be having user error and choosing the wrong mode -- one of the modes allows preamp function but without speaker out. I'll cycle through again, it's weird there's no indication on what mode you're in (not to be confused by input indicator).

There is a way to run the different outputs, either individually or together. Its a button combination that you use to move through the options. The way to do it is in the manual.

I think I just didn't it properly. I will try cycling through again -- I just briefly tried it the other day and have been mostly just listening to music since it's arrived.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back