New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 10, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #7,171 of 9,484
Should have left it--it was funny..."Schiit Fairy's""
Gotta remember that one....LOL

Yeah, it was a rude comment though, but in all seriousness how does one propose to keep cables off the floor and exactly what purpose would that serve? Sounds like snake oil territory to me.

May 11, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #7,172 of 9,484

Yeah, it was a rude comment though, but in all seriousness how does one propose to keep cables off the floor and exactly what purpose would that serve? Sounds like snake oil territory to me.

Sometimes we have to throw some humor into this thread...there is just too much....thinking.... in this hobby
After I read your original ...comment..I had this vision of Mike & Jason flying over the floored cables,flapping... their wings..
Jesus,I'd better get some sleep..I'm loosing it..I'm yiggorized!!!
Good Night all

May 11, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #7,173 of 9,484

You see, the earth's resonance effects everything on the crust. Individual tectonic plates may even introduce more noise into your system, depending on volcanic and electromagnetic activity. By suspending cables above the floor, micro-vibrations are eliminated and audio quality is much higher. Rugs, as he said in his post, can unintentionally generate static electricity, destroying any hopes of pure sonic reproduction. The stock feet on anything are also ridiculous and don't offer any isolation whatsoever from tectonic vibration.

May 11, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #7,174 of 9,484
You see, the earth's resonance effects everything on the crust. Individual tectonic plates may even introduce more noise into your system, depending on volcanic and electromagnetic activity. By suspending cables above the floor, micro-vibrations are eliminated and audio quality is much higher. Rugs, as he said in his post, can unintentionally generate static electricity, destroying any hopes of pure sonic reproduction. The stock feet on anything are also ridiculous and don't offer any isolation whatsoever from tectonic vibration.

you're funny

May 11, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #7,175 of 9,484

Oh-I thought it was tongue in cheek. The floor has no effect on the signal in the cable- unless of course it is a powerful radiator of EMF and or is a giant moving magnet inducing a current in the speaker wire

May 11, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #7,177 of 9,484

Actually I think "Brilliant Pebbles" may offer a solution (look it up!). If the magic energy can be tuned to the resonant frequency of the Earth-then shifted 180 degrees destructive interference would cancel the tectonic activity.
This will prevent harsh treble and building collapse

May 11, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #7,179 of 9,484
I had a buddy hang all his cables with string from the ceiling because the idea of the speakers vibrating the floor, and therefore break apart the molecular bond that took months of cable break in (or burn in) to finally get to was wasted, or something.

After days the molecules would finally lay down in a certain fashion and thus be, broken in.

Quite something really.

Edit: and there was that, give that field of electricity some room to breathe notion also.

May 11, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #7,180 of 9,484
I had a buddy hang all his cables with string from the ceiling because the idea of the speakers vibrating the floor, and therefore break apart the molecular bond that took months of cable break in (or burn in) to finally get to was wasted, or something.

After days the molecules would finally lay down in a certain fashion and thus be, broken in.

Quite something really.

Edit: and there was that, give that field of electricity some room to breathe notion also.

I love it!! I think High Schools need to teach "physics for audiophiles".
Did you point out that the sound waves from the speakers or even loud talking could do the same?

May 11, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #7,183 of 9,484

Having heard top DACs like Rockna Wavedream Balanced Signature and TotalDAC with a pair Wilson Audio speakers, I'm not surprise to see the reactions for those coming from the Master 7 level or lower. At this level, we don't talk about bass, vocal, treble and other technicalities anymore. It's just as close as being in live performance. The speakers just disappear and you have a believable portrayal of artists performing right ahead. I don't think the Yggy is from another planet, what's surprising is that it's giving all that performance at 1/4 of the price of the top DACs. I don't like the idea of having the Yggy turned on like a refrigerator, there should be something in the design that can be optimised to greatly reduce the warm-up time.

Another pointless review. "We" all have heard good and expensive DACs  - But the audio memory is very unreliable. 
Without proper A/B comparison, "We" don't know what you are on about.

May 11, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #7,184 of 9,484
My Yggdrasil is still in transit from LA to Frankfurt.
Thinking ahead: If temperature of the dac chips is really an issue couldn't that be solved quite easily with "DAC-heaters" being glued to the DAC-chips?
DAC-heaters could be build using constant current sources with BD139 transistors (or similar ones with SOT-32 case) which should fit from the size. A more sophisticated design could even include some thermal feedback.
What do you Schiit guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back