New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 9, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #7,096 of 9,484
Hello Mike, 

I hope you will consider building a modular multi-channel version of the Yggi. For example, it can come with a minimum number of channels as a base configuration and  extra channels can later be purchased and added by the user as plug-in boards. I have heard good results from speakers using digital crossovers and would like to see Yggi technology available in a configuration that can be used in such a setup. 

I've been wondering about dual amping with a 'fancier' version, using some burrito filter equivalent to cross over. Not that I'd buy it unless it is really affordable.

May 9, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #7,099 of 9,484
I wonder,
What could you do with the yggis ability of driving both outputs RCA and Balanced - at the same time?

Connect 4 speakers? Have one output go to a sub?

I use all the outputs right now, SE to a T32 to Snell Type K/II's (for S&G), SE to my Taboo MKIII to HD800's, and the balanced to my LL2 for my SR009.

May 9, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #7,100 of 9,484
  Can someone kindly make a youtube video of their Ygg playing back cymbals or some music that's complex(in terms of DAC ouput) in nature?

If I had an Yggy I'd do that, but even though I don't yet, I have to ask: what do you think that will achieve? It will grab the output of what I would hope is speakers connected to a capable amp and to Yggy as the dac, shove it through a questionable microphone and ADC, then compress it, upload it to youtube which further compresses it to a terrible 126kbps AAC, and then come out through your own output chain. I don't see how that would help anyone identify anything related to the quality of the yggy, unless the same system was used to record another DAC as well for comparison, and even then I doubt any differences that would be audible through that chain of crappifying the output would actually be tied to the DACs. 

May 9, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #7,101 of 9,484
Dude, seeing is believing :p

I suspect evil was being :evil:

May 9, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #7,103 of 9,484
  I'm expecting someone to have a video of a Yggy just sitting there powered on playing some cymbal music with the video only having the sound of someone breathing in the audio track.

That's exactly what I was thinking, too.
blink.gif

Heh, I even got the camera ready to do just that, but decided not to troll...
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 9, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #7,104 of 9,484
I wonder,
What could you do with the yggis ability of driving both outputs RCA and Balanced - at the same time?

I have 2 headphone amps at the moment, with balanced going to a Ragnarok and SE going to my WA2. I've convinced my spouse that I need to keep the WA2, so that I don't wake her accidentally at 2am.

Sometimes, I just prefer tubes.

It makes my digital rips from CD sound like vinyl.  I am impressed.

I'm only sitting at 72 hours so far and that's my take, as well.

I love my NAD M51 because it has detail without digital harshness, no listening fatigue. I'm boxing it up, Yggy can already outperform it.

May 9, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #7,106 of 9,484
 It makes my digital rips from CD sound like vinyl.  I am impressed.

I'm only sitting at 72 hours so far and that's my take, as well.

I love my NAD M51 because it has detail without digital harshness, no listening fatigue. I'm boxing it up, Yggy can already outperform it.

God damn it. I didn't need to read that.

May 9, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #7,107 of 9,484

Can someone kindly make a youtube video of their Ygg playing back cymbals or some music that's complex(in terms of DAC ouput) in nature?

If I had an Yggy I'd do that, but even though I don't yet, I have to ask: what do you think that will achieve? It will grab the output of what I would hope is speakers connected to a capable amp and to Yggy as the dac, shove it through a questionable microphone and ADC, then compress it, upload it to youtube which further compresses it to a terrible 126kbps AAC, and then come out through your own output chain. I don't see how that would help anyone identify anything related to the quality of the yggy, unless the same system was used to record another DAC as well for comparison, and even then I doubt any differences that would be audible through that chain of crappifying the output would actually be tied to the DACs. 

Waiting for mike moffat to develop a Miltary spec ~20bits ADC. :D maybe use soundcloud instead of YouTube.

May 9, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #7,109 of 9,484
Waiting for mike moffat to develop a Miltary spec ~20bits ADC.
biggrin.gif
maybe use soundcloud instead of YouTube.

Better yet, an audio interface with MIDI I/O, 2 channel ADC, and USB Audio pass-through for Yggy. And a black chassis. Call it Jörmungandr, since Jason will certainly want to strangle me with a constrictor for suggesting a number of things I just threw in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back