New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 7, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #6,961 of 9,484
Either way, why don't you just listen to it and hear the difference yourself? Sounds like everyone else is enjoying their music without the need for excessive mathematics and BS.

Who are you to tell what I can ask?
These are my questions. I am not offending no one here and I know that a lot of people (at least here in Italy) have the same curiosity: so, please, let Mr. Moffat answer, if he want to, of course.

May 7, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #6,964 of 9,484
These are my questions. I am not offending no one here and I know that a lot of people (at least here in Italy) have the same curiosity: so, please, let Mr. Moffat answer, if he want to, of course.

I didn't tell you to do anything, I just suggested you listen for yourself. I'm just saying that people are reaching musical nirvana and I'm confused why you're stuck on the warmup issue. :p

May 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #6,965 of 9,484
Great thread....especially for those of us that were interested in the product for quite some time and have made the purchase and are awaiting our units.

There is way too much pissing in the thread, though.  Constructive Q&A is great, but some are simply throwing stones without adding value because they have ZERO experience with the DAC.  Yet they continue to wax on about what's good and bad about it....blah blah blah.

prot - this isn't personal, but you sure seem to not have much else to do other than flinging crap in here.  Why not get some experience with one of these and then come back and wax on about your opinions based on what you hear?

HS

May 7, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #6,966 of 9,484
  A bit off topic but why are the thumbs up responses anonymous now? I think that defeats the whole point, no?

People were using them for personal recognition and backdoor posting.  Now it's been turn into a anonymous 'this post is helpful or spot on' quantity type endorsement with zero aggrandizement.

Pity tho, and effectively killed the backyard playground here on these threads.  Sure was fun while it lasted, alreet.

May 7, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #6,967 of 9,484
 I'm confused why you're stuck on the warmup issue.
tongue.gif

Let me explain: I would buy Yggy, but I could not leave it powered on because my rig is on a wheeled table that I move from a room to another and also for safety reasons. 

May 7, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #6,968 of 9,484

I think there is a bit of EU-USA cultural difference at work here ... I am also more used with direct/plain speech and skeptical questions and so on .. pretty confrontational forum discussions too. Btw, if anyone thinks prot is too dont-know-exactly-how, try to argue on a french forum :)
The US-based forums seem to me to be a lot more into being enthusiastic and happy-together. Skepticism and asking plain questions are often taken as personal insults.. irony & sarcasm too.
Btw, you got a PM about warmup & co .. didnt want to shuffle even more feathers around here.

Talking about the Hugo and Yggy, I have both in my office. Anyone want to hear blind AB impressions?

count me in for any kind of blind audio impressions you may ever have :)

May 7, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #6,969 of 9,484
Let me explain: I would buy Yggy, but I could not leave it powered on because my rig is on a wheeled table that I move from a room to another and also for safety reasons. 

Sounds like what you need is to set a couple car batteries on the rack as well. I mean, if you aren't willing to do it for music, WHAT KIND OF AUDIOPHILE ARE YOU?! *ahem*

Well, to solve your predicament, maybe you'll just have to get two or more and put them in all the rooms you listen to music in. :p And it isn't a safety hazard if you've got them on surge protectors and such. Schiit has confidence that the Yggdrasil won't explode so I think safety concerns are moot.

May 7, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #6,970 of 9,484
Yes, please, and also MSB/Yggy would be apreciated.....
MSB being repaired at the moment, and I'm not comfortable posting dated audio impressions / comparisons of the MSB when it might start a flame war or, even worse, influence someone's buying decision...

May 7, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #6,972 of 9,484

Seems pretty simple to me.  Either you A) buy the Yggy and just enjoy it regardless of how long it has been powered up or B) don't buy it.

May 7, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #6,974 of 9,484

In this situation I would use a UPS to keep everything on the cart turned on while moving it to its new room. That is what we do with some of our measurement instruments and computers. But that is only my view on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back