New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 23, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #5,776 of 9,484
Actually, I don't think any of today's notifications have actually shipped.  FedEx prolly does one pickup late in the day or first thing in the morning.  These sequential notifications are more likely as the DACs successfully pass burn-in and come off the test rack for packing.  They probably take payment from your account on shipping notice like amazon and ebay.  And which is why tracking numbers aren't generally loaded into the system until the following day after pickup.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #5,777 of 9,484
Calm down folks. It will all get sorted. Shipping between US and HK requires extra paperwork for customs, etc. I'm in the midst of an exchange for a Matrix Mini-i Pro between myself and HK. It has taken a bit of time thanks to customs, paperwork, etc. The vendor in HK is working as fast as he can but there are things beyond his control that just take time.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #5,778 of 9,484
You are correct.  The notice went out probably when they create the label, so it did not come up in the Fed-ex system.  It said it was not a valid number.   But, mine was picked up by fed-ex at 3:51pm PT and is now showing in the system, but with no delivery estimate until they get it to the shipping distribution center. 

I am just glad I didn't fat finger the zip code like I did with my 009's.  Had to drive three hours in a snow storm to get them because I transposed two digits. 
biggrin.gif
 It's funny now but then it was not so much...
blink.gif
 It's bad enough I have to hunt down the FedEx girl/guy
ph34r.gif
 because they wont leave the package, I have to make it more difficult for myself...
tongue.gif

Actually, I don't think any of today's notifications have actually shipped.  FedEx prolly does one pickup late in the day or first thing in the morning.  These sequential notifications are more likely as the DACs successfully pass burn-in and come off the test rack for packing.  They probably take payment from your account on shipping notice like amazon and ebay.  And which is why tracking numbers aren't generally loaded into the system until the following day after pickup.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #5,779 of 9,484
Quote:
  Calm down folks. It will all get sorted. Shipping between US and HK requires extra paperwork for customs, etc. I'm in the midst of an exchange for a Matrix Mini-i Pro between myself and HK. It has taken a bit of time thanks to customs, paperwork, etc. The vendor in HK is working as fast as he can but there are things beyond his control that just take time.

Plus the power supply change to 240V as well.  They may only be running 120V DACs down the line at this time. 

I'm only about 69 orders away so making some popcorn and waiting on the initial reviews. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #5,781 of 9,484

Quote:
  Quote:

Plus the power supply change to 240V as well.  They may only be running 120V DACs down the line at this time. 

I'm only about 69 orders away so making some popcorn and waiting on the initial reviews. 

There is one of 2 options to select: 115V and 230V. Not a big surprise there will be purchases of both? :)

But if lojay has further delays in receiving his notification, I would also suspect it has to do with the PSU voltage. I sometimes buy and sell internationally, a customs declaration and several copies printed, doesn't take that much time at all, and as someone mentioned they shipped internationally to Canada already.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #5,782 of 9,484

They definitely shipped and were retrieved by the FedEx driver that runs Schitt's daily route, however you won't have accurate tracking information until they reach the DC and get sorted for transit this evening to whatever main hub they will travel through.  We should all have an estimated delivery date some time in the next 3-6 hours.

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #5,783 of 9,484
Wow, we've gone from obsessing over the things release to obsessing over a Fedex truck ? I understand your excitement folks, but the next logical step is people reporting in every hour as to whether or not they can hear the 'magic' yet : I would just hook the thing up, turn it on and start playing music through it : sooner or later, power outtages notwithstanding, logic dictates that you'll either hear magic or you wont. 

A big part of Head-Fi seems to be unboxing gear and dashing to one's keyboard, a singularly addictive combination  : if that's as good as it gets for many Head-Fiers with this DAC then I suspect Mike will wonder why he put so many hours years into it. Take a deep breath, folks - hopefully the best is yet to come. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #5,787 of 9,484
Unlikely. Most items just require simple transformer re-wiring for voltage change. Or in this case the appropriate wiring.

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #5,789 of 9,484
Heh, I think the whole journey is the fun part, and I will get excited and obsess about whatever I feel like obsessing over. 
biggrin.gif

Might just keep my impressions to myself and not feed the trolls any more than I am now.
tongue_smile.gif

Want to know what it sounds like? BUY YOUR OWN!!!
wink_face.gif

And before anyone gets their panties in a wad over the above:

Courtesy of Wink.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #5,790 of 9,484
Keep the shipping notifications coming. I don't care if it ruffles some feathers. It's nice having an idea of how close my order is to shipping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back