New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Aug 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #514 of 9,484
Quote:

So is that $400 total? 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #517 of 9,484
Quote:
Have you had it confirmed by Jason that the Ragnarok is not a improvement in SQ over the Mjolnir, unless using power hungry phones, or are you just assuming?

As Solude figured, I took that from what Jason has said earlier.

Note that there are at least one more "unless": sensitive phones. And the volume control should be an improvement for the sound quality, albeit a small one. And, as Jason now is teasing, unless they actually can find some more sound quality in there... from some kind of component choice magic I guess.

On the topic of a Mjolnir 2, I'd guess that would be further into the future. And that the differences would be no more than losing the dual 3-pin connectors and incorporating some of those presumed good-sounding components from the Ragnarok. The Mjolnir is all about maximum sound quality for the money, and that means simplicity. Maybe a gain switch, probably not. Definitely not a single-ended output, that's a complicated thing for these amps.

Damn, I want the Ragnarok. And I really really shouldn't buy it, I "should" buy the Yggdrasil and some more headphones. Less sensitive ones. But what to do for my speakers... there is a very good pre-out on the Mjolnir... Jason, I want Schiit to make small inexpensive circlotron monoblocks for small inefficient speakers! Pretty please?

Aug 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #525 of 9,484
Quote:

That's a lot of ****ing popcorn Brunk started. Jason-care to bring the movie (Yggy)?

-Daniel

popcorn.gif

tongue_smile.gif

Still munching! Unleash the Yggy! 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back