New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Nov 10, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #3,676 of 9,484
Yea I hear yea, I shall order the rag before the years up, I want on know how it will run my Alpha Prime's..

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #3,677 of 9,484
I will say it brings out the best in your headphones, the LCD-3's achieved a sound I've never even knew they were capable of before. I almost feel like a pilot who's had his wings taken away without the Rag, back to planet earth.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #3,679 of 9,484
If one were to put an order in today, what kind of wait time are they looking at?

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #3,680 of 9,484
  If one were to put an order in today, what kind of wait time are they looking at?

Best guess, 2-4 weeks, there was a post earlier in the thread where Jason was talking about the fact that this is the busy season for them. Keep in mind that your amp will be individually tested, burned in for 100 hours, and tested again, so there's a couple of days at the end of the process where you have to wait.

Please notice the large range, that is for a**-covering purposes. I don't work for Schiit (I wish I did, the weather is nicer out there), but it seems like 3 weeks is the time it takes if there's not a shortage of boards.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #3,681 of 9,484

My order has been in for 4 weeks with no update or ETA of any kind.

Not a criticism or complaint, just plan on having something else to listen to while you wait.

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #3,682 of 9,484
Good thing I have my M/G stack to listen to... may be a while longer till delivery notice. Its ok, will be worth the wait.
atsmile.gif

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #3,683 of 9,484

And don't even get me started on proofreading...

Oh, man, that takes me back to my newspapering days, when we had a whole proofreading department. Even so, some clangers got through. I recall (in a competing paper) the caption describing an "8,000 pound wench."  When I find errors on Head-Fi, I send a PM. Once an editor, always an editor.

And lest I be accused of OT (again) go to the Schiit website and download the Rag manual, specifically the last page where Schiit is spelled "Schitt."

Wonder if they fixed that in the printed edition.

Hopefully I'll find out soon, since I have reason to believe my Rag will ship this week.

At least that's the buzzzz....

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3,684 of 9,484
Over the top? No. It's about being a responsible adult. There is more at stake here than someone's lost amplifier joy. A small post about a smoking amp can figuratively start a fire that has massive repercussions.

He agreed to test the Ragnarok. This comes with certain expectations from the manufacturer, such as being the first to know and being given a chance to make good on the failure. If I were in his shoes, with a beta unit that failed, I would have contacted Schiit and had the matter resolved one way or another. If the failure was systematic, and thus applying to more than my unit, Schiit would issue a recall if necessary. There is no reason for him to create panic when he doesn't have the facts of what happened.

My old boss used to tell me, "I don't want to hear about your problems; I want to hear about your solutions to your problems."  Been following and recommending that ever since.

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #3,685 of 9,484
Jacal, the racks look great, are you going for an on desk, under desk or beside desk setup?

I have two five-shelf racks in my living area for my home setup.  The darkening cherry wood appearance actually adds class to the rest of my furniture.

And I'm running out of room again.  Guess I'm going to have to start rotating or offloading equipment in lieu of adding a third rack. 
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #3,687 of 9,484
So I am thinking of putting an order in for the Rag.

I am also in need of a DAC but it seems as though the Yggdrasil is still going to take a while to release.

Any suggestions for a DAC that would match up well with the Rag, doesn't break the bank too much (since Yggdrasil will be bought anyways), and has good resale value?

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #3,689 of 9,484
So I am thinking of putting an order in for the Rag.

I am also in need of a DAC but it seems as though the Yggdrasil is still going to take a while to release.

Any suggestions for a DAC that would match up well with the Rag, doesn't break the bank too much (since Yggdrasil will be bought anyways), and has good resale value?

I've seen at least 3 people rave about the Gungnir with the Rag.

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #3,690 of 9,484
Planning on using the Gungnir I already have with the Ragnarok when it finally arrives. Sounds beautiful with the Mjolnir so I imagine it will be just fine with the rag too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back