New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Nov 8, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #3,661 of 9,484
It would probably draw a pretty penny on Ebay right now , especially considering the custom attention it will get back at the Home Office by none other than the Chieftains themselves and especially if the pretty lady gets to autograph it .   HOT Item for sure !! 

Tony in Michigan 

ps.  that guy knows that you lads will take good care of him , everyone is telling him so .   Still , I feel his disappointments in a Failure , we've all had stuff fail , stuff we believe in . You should hear the stories Audio Research Dealers tell , that  ARC stuff is as Unstable as Nitro !  
By the way , the 4 pieces of Schiit stuff I own have been perfect , flawless , beautiful performing , too good to be true .  I've never owned or sold electronics this reliable , can't explain it properly , Hi-End stuff has always had a rather high failure ratio , it's always been ; "Buy & Cross your fingers" .  This is a good chance for you :  Adversity establishes a man ! 

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #3,662 of 9,484
Nov 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #3,663 of 9,484
Can someone pls remind me - how many were fortunate enough to get one of the R'ok beta units ? I agree that 1500USD isnt chump change but I got the impression that the beta units disappeared very quickly. 

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #3,664 of 9,484
  Can someone pls remind me - how many were fortunate enough to get one of the R'ok beta units ? I agree that 1500USD isnt chump change but I got the impression that the beta units disappeared very quickly. 

I think there were something like 10 units, but I couldn't find the post Jason had about the exact number...

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #3,665 of 9,484
  I think there were something like 10 units, but I couldn't find the post Jason had about the exact number...

We actually ended up shipping 12. There were over 200 submissions to the beta program interest list, so the chance of being chosen was very low.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 9, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #3,666 of 9,484

We actually ended up shipping 12. There were over 200 submissions to the beta program interest list, so the chance of being chosen was very low.

Wow, that had to be interesting to sort through.

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #3,667 of 9,484

Wow, that had to be interesting to sort through.

It was a random draw, after we eliminated a few who didn't follow the directions—USA-only, 115V-only, speakers and headphones available to check both modes, etc.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #3,668 of 9,484

It was a random draw, after we eliminated a few who didn't follow the directions—USA-only, 115V-only, speakers and headphones available to check both modes, etc.

I really wish I had speakers back then...

Well, the wait helped me prepare for the BHSE waiting period
darthsmile.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #3,669 of 9,484

- after we eliminated a few who didn't follow the directions

I think that's seriously an awful trend in society today. No one takes time to actually search for anything anymore, let alone actually read something. Then to ask them to follow simple directions...too much to ask.

Case in point: professor in my grad program put some additional "instructions" in an assignment the other week. He reported back that only 3 out of the 10 class participants followed those instructions (including me, of course
biggrin.gif
), even though they were clear as day, straight forward, and in the same font/size as the rest of the assignment. Talk about a *face-palm*.

And don't even get me started on proofreading...

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #3,670 of 9,484
And don't even get me started on proofreading...

Proofreading is a lost art these days. A moment of silence in contemplation of how much confusion would have been saved if only emails were proofread more often...

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #3,671 of 9,484
  Proofreading is a lost art these days. A moment of silence in contemplation of how much confusion would have been saved if only emails were proofread more often...

Very much agree. One carefully worded post / email may impart far more useful information than 1000 quickly written without proofing / fact checking / considering the tone imparted by the words chosen.

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #3,672 of 9,484
So I'm back to my portable x5/e12 stack until the rag gets back, all I can say is it's a huge step back though I still think it's a great combo for the price. Anxiously counting the days til the rag arrives now like everyone else :)

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #3,673 of 9,484
We're in a thread where at least one MoT doesn't know the difference between 'taught' and 'taut' and I'm getting a lecture on the importance of proof-reading ? Topic, people - thank you. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #3,674 of 9,484
So I'm back to my portable x5/e12 stack until the rag gets back, all I can say is it's a huge step back though I still think it's a great combo for the price. Anxiously counting the days til the rag arrives now like everyone else :)

I hope your Ragnarok is returned to you as soon as it is fixed. I have a fiio e12 and need to try the x5, see if that helps make my portable rig sound better.

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #3,675 of 9,484
Yeah just listened to it tonight, great little portable setup, in fact I liked it so much I ended up selling my Burson Conductor because I found it to sound close to as good for a fraction of the price. That being said it doesn't even compare with the Ragnarok, treble sounds very recessed now, bass is nice but not super fluid and well defined like the Ragnarok. But I wouldn't expect a portable setup to compete with an endgame amp like the Rag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back