New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Sep 20, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #2,851 of 9,484
Quote:purrin
 GS-X 2 tends toward a obstreperous inscribed disposition.

Quote:Sir Walter Scott (From Ivanhoe Ch. 1)
 With din obstreperous, and ungrateful cries. .... On this singular gorget was engraved, in Saxon characters, an inscription of the following purport:— “Gurth, ... of sullen despondency, a sense of oppression, and a disposition to ...

Melancholy is the case when it is realised that neither Sir Walter Scott. nor Ivanhoe were Hi-Fi addicts, nor disposed thereto.

Were the case explained in poetic parlance, the case would be stated thusly:-

The GSX-2 makes all music rise out of the common drudge of limmerick mode of most amps, thence to reach the lofty stratospheric heights of iambic pentameter.

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #2,852 of 9,484

Melancholy is the case when it is realised that neither Sir Walter Scott. nor Ivanhoe were Hi-Fi addicts, nor disposed thereto.

The GSX-2 makes all music rise out of the common drudge of limmerick mode of most amps, thence to reach the lofty stratospheric heights of iambic pentameter.

So...it doesn't sound like Schiit?

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #2,853 of 9,484
It sounds like angelic tears of joy bundled with the sound of the hooves of the four horsemen of the apocalypse in equal portions of sonic splendour.

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #2,854 of 9,484
I think the key for obtaining that specific type of sound quality you just described is to the focus on making the amp out of everyday household items.

-Typed on my iPotato.

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #2,855 of 9,484

Mathematically then, the answer is 27 right? 
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #2,859 of 9,484
I'll look out for a few more reviews before writing off buyign the gs-x. But I trust purrins opinion, pretty highly when it comes to head to heads.

If he recons the gs-x has been outclassed by something that will cost half the price of the gs-x (in every country outside of the US), then Schiit are going to make a lot of sales!

Sep 20, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #2,862 of 9,484
Seconded

Sep 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #2,865 of 9,484
I'm still intending to trial a Rag as a drop-in for a GS-X (it's a GS-X mk I with the mkII amplifier stages) and a Bryston 4BSST2. Not going to help in the short term, but will certainly share impressions between the two setups with the LS50 and HD800/HE-6/LCD-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back