New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
May 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #1,756 of 9,484

How many months are on your calendar, friend ? By my count, 5+6 = 11 and the 6 was a total guesstimate at best ! Other than accountants, a weird mob who live by the fiscal year, I'm not aware of anyone who considers November 2014 as 'next year' ..... 

3-6 months starting from August my friend, thus... 
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #1,757 of 9,484

Yupp, the first watt really is the most important watt. And "First Watt" is a fantastic company name me thinks!

Probably not. I've heard the smallest 30W NAD amp in a store drive the biggest baddest $15000 speakers they had. Sounded excellent.

I've also heard a 15W tube amp drive full size planar speakers, they probably maxxed out the amp and there was probably some soft clipping going on. But as you know soft clipping on a tube amp is nothing to worry about and won't damage anything, it sounded absolutely glorious.

Yeah. I tested a 18W tube amp on speakers that required at least 25W (focal chorus 714) and they did sound very good, but the amp had to be running at 80%+ its capacity for a relativly loud volume. Dindt like that idea too much so i got myself somethig more powerfull (60W if i recall correctly). Would be cool to try the rag with my speakers :D.

May 9, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #1,762 of 9,484
I'd like to have a First Watt amp as well!!!

The only thing about them is that I believe they're all essentially class-A operation. Well they're not... but they consume all their rated power all the time.

So you'd better live somewhere where it's cold and the electricity is cheap if you want to use it all the time.
rolleyes.gif

Or am I wrong preproman?

May 9, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #1,763 of 9,484
I think Nelson Pass always does class A amps.

I've longed to own a Pass Aleph 30 for like 15 years now.

Edit: I meant Aleph 3.  :)

May 9, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #1,765 of 9,484
  I'd like to have a First Watt amp as well!!!

The only thing about them is that I believe they're all essentially class-A operation. Well they're not... but they consume all their rated power all the time.

So you'd better live somewhere where it's cold and the electricity is cheap if you want to use it all the time.
rolleyes.gif

Or am I wrong preproman?

He also has the Pass Lab line of amps.  The X series not the XA series is Class A/B

May 9, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #1,766 of 9,484

ok, ok .... still seems depressing to my way of thinking. I know sheeeit happens, but 2015 ?

I personally hope it'll be released soon, but if the longer the wait, the better it'll be, then I wouldn't be in a hurry! 
cool.gif

I asked about Yggdrasil release date because if I recall correctly, 80% of the work (e.g. digital filter?) has already been done (I think)...

May 9, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #1,767 of 9,484
Hey guys.... guys...

The Ragnarok isn't even out yet. Just saying 
biggrin.gif

Don't give Jason a heart attack.

May 11, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #1,768 of 9,484
I'm just impressed that Jude took the opportunity to use "priapism. " Probably a first for a review/impression on Head-fi.

Wonder how many people had to look it up...

Well, for anyone who works in medicine, we likely know it already. I think it would be pretty easy to infer from the context as well.

May 11, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #1,769 of 9,484
I had to look it up and... well....

It is not natural for a man who isn't a doctor to have that word in his vocabulary. End of story.
We RNs know it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back